An Original & Timeless Design
This lovely 1 Day Mechanical Carved Cuckoo Clock was carved by German designer HÖNES from the Black Forest in Germany, where the company was established in 1950.
Measuring a quaint 18cm in height*, this unique clock features a bird carving at the crown of the clock along with an arrangement of 5 ornamental leaves adorning the clock’s body, a very famous and traditional element for cuckoo clock designs, making up one of the most popular styles of cuckoo clock carvings today. hangs below the clock, alongside the weights. Perhaps the most fascinating feature of this timepiece is the cherry finish over the entire timepiece, allowing the clock to fit in a number of desired spaces.
This particular clock runs on a 1 day mechanism, and therefore needs to be wound once a day simply by pulling the weights. The in-built cuckoo of this beautiful clock calls the time each hour and once at half past, and it does not play any music. Please note this cuckoo clock does not feature a gong sound before the cuckoo calls, and the cuckoo tone is higher pitched.
This beautifully designed clock by HÖNES represents a charming timepiece, suitable for those looking for a quality traditional cuckoo clock that has been carved using methods that have been practised for hundreds of years.
*Please note this clock does not come with an on/off lever to silence the cuckoo call. If you would like to silence the cuckoo call you could either stop the pendulum or remove the right side weight
Take A Closer Look At The Clock
Benefits of a Mechanical Cuckoo Clock
Black Forest mechanical cuckoo clocks are weight driven and are available in two different movements:
- 1 Day Movement - you wind the clock by pulling the chain and winding the weights once a day
- 8 Day Movement - you wind the clock by pulling the chain and winding the weights once a week
Each mechanical cuckoo clock will have either two or three weights; two weights for cuckoo only and three weights for cuckoo and music. One weight runs the clock movement and hands that show the time and the second weight drives the cuckoo calling mechanism. The cuckoo sound is produced using bellows that push air through two whistles creating the 'cook' and 'coo' sounds respectively. If you choose to also have music with your mechanical cuckoo clock, the third weight drives a traditional mechanical music box movement with a pinned cylinder that plucks notes on a 'comb' to produce a melody.
Hand Crafted in the Black Forest, Germany
- This genuine cuckoo clock is hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany by artisan clock makers HÖNES
- For true and authentic German Black Forest clocks, many people have come to rely on the quality and craftsmanship of the HÖNES name. HÖNES offers more than 70 years of experience with creating beautiful, high quality clocks
- Using only highly skilled and talented woodcarvers, HÖNES ensures that each clock creation is exceptionally built. From the design to the details, HÖNES cuckoo clocks have an elegance and beauty that is typical of all Black Forest clockmakers. Ensuring that all clocks are made in the traditional methods is one of the reasons that HÖNES remains such a popular and trusted provider of cuckoo clocks
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with the number one option for consistent quality timepieces. Don’t believe us? Check out our company reviews!
If you’re looking to purchase an authentic German cuckoo clock in Australia, then we offer a large range of quality timepieces that add a German inspired atmosphere to your home.
When you purchase a cuckoo clock from us, you will be guaranteed a product that is authentic in origin, sourced directly from Germany, and crafted of the highest quality. These beautiful and unique hand carved clocks date back to the early 18th century and are still manufactured in the Black Forest region of Germany today.
A Guaranteed Product of Authenticity
The Clock Shop is a member of the “VDS-Verein die Schwarzwalduhr” (= Black Forest clock association), and a certificate of authenticity is included for all clocks with a mechanical movement made in the Black Forest. In order to provide customers with this certificate of authenticity, the product must be produced authentically and exclusively from the Black Forest, and must be working purely mechanically with all of its essential working parts to have also been produced in the Black Forest as well. HÖNES mechanical cuckoo clocks all guarantee the hallmarks of quality, precision and authenticity and as such, come with this certificate. When you purchase a mechanical cuckoo clock from the Clock Shop we will guarantee:
- 2 year warranty on all cuckoo clock purchases
- A VDS Certificate of authenticity
- Top quality customer service with fast response times
- Fast and secure delivery to anywhere in Australia
- A 100% happiness guarantee policy with easy returns
- Genuine hand-carved 1 day mechanical carved cuckoo clock by HÖNES
- Features a bird carving at the crown of the clock
- 5 ornamental leaves adorning the clock’s body
- Represents a very famous and traditional cuckoo clock design
- Wooden clock dial is featured in the middle of the timepiece
- Timber pendulum that hangs below the clock, alongside the weights
- In-built cuckoo of this beautiful clock calls the time each hour and once at half past
- No music
- No gong before cuckoo calls, and a higher pitched cuckoo call
- No sound off lever- cuckoo will call day and night
- Beautiful cherry coloured finish
- Runs on a 1 day mechanism
- Needs to be wound once a day simply by pulling the weights
- Measures 18cm in height*
- Hand carved in the Black Forest region of Germany
- Certificate of authenticity
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Free delivery on orders over $400
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
*The measurements of the clock do not include the height of the weights or pendulum.
|Movement||Mechanical 1 Day Chain Wind|
|Clock Sound||Cuckoo Only|
Express Shipping - Quoted (NOT FREE Read notes*) - $0.00
EXPRESS SHIPPING IS NOT FREE: Express Shipping is quoted once the order has been submitted. You can choose to pay for the product/s now and pay the shipping cost after the quote has been issued. Alternatively, please use the Shipping Quote payment option at checkout to defer any payment until the shipping quote has been received.
Standard Shipping - $30.00
Take advantage of our great shipping rates including FREE delivery for all orders over $400. Please note, while PO box deliveries are possible, we don't recommend this for large and/or fragile items. We use the most suitable carrier based on the item/s ordered and the delivery location.
Free pick-up in store - $0.00
Free pick-up from Clock Shop, 194 Main Street, Montville 4560. Mon - Sat 9:30am - 5:00pm, Sun 12:30pm - 5:00pm
Take advantage of our great shipping rates that includes FREE delivery for all orders over $400*. (*excluding Grandfather Clocks - specialised carriers and insurance is required for all Grandfather Clock deliveries). Read MoreReturns
All purchases from Clock Shop also come with our Happiness Guarantee policy - We will happily exchange or refund any product that you are not 100% happy with. To request an exchange or refund, simply contact us within 7 days from the date your item/s arrived. All of our products are quality checked before they are shipped out. If you receive a faulty item from us upon delivery, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org