Authentic Mechanical Carved Cuckoo Clock From The Black Forest
This delightful 5 Leaf with Blue & White Flowers 1 Day Mechanical Carved Cuckoo Clock By TRENKLE which is a genuine, high quality hand-crafted Black Forest cuckoo clock, produced by artisan clock makers TRENKLE from Simonswald in the Black Forest region of Germany.
Measuring 20cm in height*, this adorable clock features a bird carving along with an arrangement of leaves adorning the clock’s body, a design commonly featured on many of the early cuckoo clocks and still make up one of the most popular styles of cuckoo clock carving today. The ornamental leaves around the front of the clock are characteristic of the traditionally carved cuckoo clocks, with this particular clock having the added detail of both blue and white flowers hand-painted in the centre of each leaf as well as on the pendulum. The design of a frame of leaves may also be crowned with a carved deer head, however this particular clock instead features a bird, a very famous and traditional element for cuckoo clocks.
The in-built cuckoo of this beautiful clock calls the time each hour and once at half past, with a manual shut-off mode that is enabled by lifting and pulling a lever. There is no music with this clock and it needs to be wound once a day.
This beautifully designed clock by TRENKLE is a charming timepiece, suitable for those looking for a quality traditional wind up cuckoo clock using carving methods that have been practised for hundreds of years.
Benefits of a Mechanical Cuckoo Clock
Black Forest mechanical cuckoo clocks are weight driven and are available in two different movements:
- 1 Day Movement - you wind the clock by pulling the chain and winding the weights once a day
- 8 Day Movement - you wind the clock by pulling the chain and winding the weights once a week
Each mechanical cuckoo clock will have either two or three weights; two weights for cuckoo only and three weights for cuckoo and music. One weight runs the clock movement and hands that show the time and the second weight drives the cuckoo calling mechanism. The cuckoo sound is produced using bellows that push air through two whistles creating the 'cook' and 'coo' sounds respectively. If you choose to also have music with your mechanical cuckoo clock, the third weight drives a traditional mechanical music box movement with a pinned cylinder that plucks notes on a 'comb' to produce a melody.
Quality Black Forest Craftsmanship
- This genuine cuckoo clock is hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany by artisan clock makers Trenkle.
- For over a half of a century, the Trenkle Uhren GmbH company has been carrying on the clock production tradition.
- Trenkle Black Forest clocks are a wonderful example of quality, careful workmanship and a love for detail. Their clocks are produced using a combination of creative handwork and the newest technology
- Trenkle Uhren's creative ideas are expressed in their ever changing models which add to the extensive range already available, which can be browsed both in store and online at the Clock Shop
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with the number one option for consistent quality timepieces. Don’t believe us? Check out our company reviews!
If you’re looking to purchase an authentic mechanical German cuckoo clock in Australia, then we offer a large range of quality timepieces that add a German inspired atmosphere to your home.
When you purchase a mechanical cuckoo clock from the Clock Shop you will be guaranteed a product that is authentic in origin, sourced directly from Germany, and crafted of the highest quality. These beautiful and unique hand carved clocks date back to the early 18th century and are still manufactured in the Black Forest region of Germany today.
A Guaranteed Product of Authenticity
The Clock Shop is a member of the “VDS-Verein die Schwarzwalduhr” (= Black Forest clock association), and a certificate of authenticity is included for all clocks with a mechanical movement made in the Black Forest. In order to provide customers with this certificate of authenticity, the product must be produced authentically and exclusively from the Black Forest, and must be working purely mechanically with all of its essential working parts to have also been produced in the Black Forest as well. TRENKLE mechanical cuckoo clocks all guarantee the hallmarks of quality, precision and authenticity and as such, come with this certificate.
When you purchase a mechanical cuckoo clock from the Clock Shop we will guarantee:
- 2 year warranty on all cuckoo clock purchases
- A VDS Certificate of authenticity
- Top quality customer service with fast response times
- Fast and secure delivery to anywhere in Australia
- A 100% happiness guarantee policy with easy returns
- Genuine hand-carved mechanical cuckoo clock by TRENKLE
- Traditional 5 leaf and bird carvings
- Hand-carved bird and leaves adorning the clock’s body
- Hand-painted blue & white flowers in centres of all leaves
- Cuckoo calls the time each hour and once on the half hour
- Manual night shut off
- No Music
- Needs to be wound once a day
- Measures 20cm in height*
- Hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany
- Certificate of Authenticity
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
*The measurements of the clock do not include the height of the weights or pendulum.