A Unique Clock Design By SCHNEIDER
This pleasing 8 Day Mechanical Cuckoo Clock is a fine example of a genuine, high quality hand-crafted Black Forest Cuckoo Clock, produced by clock makers SCHNEIDER from Schonach in the Black Forest region of Germany.
Measuring 43cm in height*, this beautiful clock provides a unique design, featuring a multi level chalet style building with a facade of half timbered wood beams, bay windows, and a shingled roof. Out the front of the chalet and to the right are two men sitting at a table enjoying a beer and having a laugh, while their trusty dog stands guard to the left of the chalet looking out at the world.
This fascinating scene also includes a clock dial in the centre of the chalet, and hand painted details including red window shutters and flowers in the windowsill. The cuckoo bird is positioned at the top of the chalet amongst the half timbered facade. This unique clock also features a timber pendulum that hangs below the clock itself, along with the weights, rounding out the fascinating scene.
The in-built cuckoo of this clock calls the time each hour and once at half past through a door that opens. It also includes a manual silencing lever to silence the clock altogether should that be preferred. This particular clock is an 8 day mechanism, and therefore needs to be wound once a week. The automaton (moving parts) for this clock include the beer drinkers who raise their glasses, and there is no music with this clock.
This beautifully designed clock by SCHNEIDER is a charming timepiece, suitable for those looking for a quality traditional cuckoo clock using carving methods that have been practised for hundreds of years.
Take A Closer Look At The Clock
Benefits of a Mechanical Cuckoo Clock
Black Forest mechanical cuckoo clocks are weight driven and are available in two different movements:
- 1 Day Movement - you wind the clock by pulling the chain and winding the weights once a day
- 8 Day Movement - you wind the clock by pulling the chain and winding the weights once a week
Each mechanical cuckoo clock will have either two or three weights; two weights for cuckoo only and three weights for cuckoo and music. One weight runs the clock movement and hands that show the time and the second weight drives the cuckoo calling mechanism. The cuckoo sound is produced using bellows that push air through two whistles creating the 'cook' and 'coo' sounds respectively. If you choose to also have music with your mechanical cuckoo clock, the third weight drives a traditional mechanical music box movement with a pinned cylinder that plucks notes on a 'comb' to produce a melody.
Quality Black Forest Craftsmanship
- This genuine cuckoo clock is hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany by clock makers Anton Schneider.
- Anton Schneider began producing cuckoo clocks from his farmhouse in Schonach in the Black Forest Region of Germany in 1848 and today the company is into the 6th generation of clock makers
- Today, the Anton Schneider clock factory is among the most modern and one of the largest cuckoo clock factories in all of the Black Forest
- Anton Schneider offers customers worldwide a true guarantee of a product of high quality
A Guaranteed Product of Authenticity
The Clock Shop is a member of the “VDS-Verein die Schwarzwalduhr” (= Black Forest clock association), and a certificate of authenticity is included for all clocks with a mechanical movement made in the Black Forest. In order to provide customers with this certificate of authenticity, the product must be produced authentically and exclusively from the Black Forest, and must be working purely mechanically with all of its essential working parts to have also been produced in the Black Forest as well. SCHNEIDER mechanical cuckoo clocks all guarantee the hallmarks of quality, and as such, come with this certificate. When you purchase a mechanical cuckoo clock from the Clock Shop we will guarantee:
- 2 year warranty on all cuckoo clock purchases
- A VDS Certificate of authenticity
- Top quality customer service with fast response times
- Fast and secure delivery to anywhere in Australia
- Genuine hand-crafted 8 day mechanical chalet cuckoo clock by SCHNEIDER
- Features a multi level chalet style building with wood beams, bay windows and a shingled roof
- Men sitting at a table enjoying a beer and having a laugh
- Clock dial in the centre of the chalet
- Hand painted details including red window shutters and flowers in the windowsill
- Timber pendulum that hangs below the clock itself, along with the weights
- In-built cuckoo of this clock calls the time each hour and once at half past through a door that opens
- No music
- 8 day mechanism, and therefore needs to be wound once a week
- Automaton (moving parts) for this clock include the beer drinkers
- Measures 43cm in height*
- Hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Free delivery on orders over $400
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
*The measurements of the clock do not include the height of the weights or pendulum.
|Model #||8T 526/9|
|Movement||Mechanical 8 Day Chain Wind|
|Clock Sound||Cuckoo or No Sound|
|Automaton (Moving Parts)||Beer Drinker|
|Theme||People & Culture|
Standard Shipping - $0.00
Take advantage of our great shipping rates including FREE delivery for all orders over $400. Please note, while PO box deliveries are possible, we don't recommend this for large and/or fragile items. We use the most suitable carrier based on the item/s ordered and the delivery location.
Express Shipping - Quoted (NOT FREE Read notes*) - $0.00
EXPRESS SHIPPING IS NOT FREE: Express Shipping is quoted once the order has been submitted. You can choose to pay for the product/s now and pay the shipping cost after the quote has been issued. Alternatively, please use the Shipping Quote payment option at checkout to defer any payment until the shipping quote has been received.
Free pick-up in store - $0.00
Free pick-up from Clock Shop, 194 Main Street, Montville 4560. Mon - Sat 9:30am - 5:00pm, Sun 12:30pm - 5:00pm
Take advantage of our great shipping rates that includes FREE delivery for all orders over $400*. (*excluding Grandfather Clocks - specialised carriers and insurance is required for all Grandfather Clock deliveries). Read MoreReturns
All purchases from Clock Shop also come with our Happiness Guarantee policy - We will happily exchange or refund any product that you are not 100% happy with. To request an exchange or refund, simply contact us within 7 days from the date your item/s arrived. All of our products are quality checked before they are shipped out. If you receive a faulty item from us upon delivery, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org