Before The Hunt 1 Day Mechanical Carved Cuckoo Clock By SCHNEIDER
This traditional Before The Hunt 1 Day Mechanical Carved Cuckoo Clock By SCHNEIDER represents a fine example of a genuine, high quality hand-crafted Black Forest cuckoo clock, produced by clock makers SCHNEIDER from Schonach in the Black Forest region of Germany.
Measuring 48cm in height*, this beautifully hand-carved clock features a stag head carving crowning a traditional hunting scene, represented before the hunt begins. Hunting scenes often feature a hare and a pheasant and 2 rifles hanging from the head of the clock, however this particular version features a hare and a bird on either side of the wooden clock dial. Additional details to complete the hunting scene includes a powder bag at the base of the clock as well as a horn that surrounded the dial. Beautiful oak foliage also adorns the clock, whilst colourful dancers are situated on a balcony above the clock dial, rounding out this fantastic hunting scene.
The in-built cuckoo of this beautiful clock calls the time each hour and once at half past, with a manual shut-off mode that is enabled by lifting and pulling a lever. After each cuckoo call, the clock will play a melody, whilst the dancers twirl elegantly on the balcony to the music. This clock needs to be wound once a day.
This beautifully designed clock by SCHNEIDER is a charming timepiece, suitable for those looking for a quality traditional cuckoo clock using carving methods that have been practised for hundreds of years.
Take A Closer Look At The Clock
Benefits of a Mechanical Cuckoo Clock
Black Forest mechanical cuckoo clocks are weight driven and are available in two different movements:
- 1 Day Movement - you wind the clock by pulling the chain and winding the weights once a day
- 8 Day Movement - you wind the clock by pulling the chain and winding the weights once a week
Each mechanical cuckoo clock will have either two or three weights; two weights for cuckoo only and three weights for cuckoo and music. One weight runs the clock movement and hands that show the time and the second weight drives the cuckoo calling mechanism. The cuckoo sound is produced using bellows that push air through two whistles creating the 'cook' and 'coo' sounds respectively. If you choose to also have music with your mechanical cuckoo clock, the third weight drives a traditional mechanical music box movement with a pinned cylinder that plucks notes on a 'comb' to produce a melody.
Quality Black Forest Craftsmanship
- This genuine cuckoo clock is hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany by clock makers Anton Schneider.
- Anton Schneider began producing cuckoo clocks from his farmhouse in Schonach in the Black Forest Region of Germany in 1848 and today the company is into the 6th generation of clock makers
- Today, the Anton Schneider clock factory is among the most modern and one of the largest cuckoo clock factories in all of the Black Forest
- Anton Schneider offers customers worldwide a true guarantee of a product of high quality, craftsmanship and precision
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with the number one option for consistent quality timepieces. Don’t believe us? Check out our company reviews!
If you’re looking to purchase an authentic mechanical German cuckoo clock in Australia, then we offer a large range of quality timepieces that add a German inspired atmosphere to your home.
When you purchase a mechanical cuckoo clock from us, you will be guaranteed a product that is authentic in origin, sourced directly from Germany, and crafted of the highest quality. These beautiful and unique hand carved clocks date back to the early 18th century and are still manufactured in the Black Forest region of Germany today.
A Guaranteed Product of Authenticity
The Clock Shop is a member of the “VDS-Verein die Schwarzwalduhr” (= Black Forest clock association), and a certificate of authenticity is included for all clocks with a mechanical movement made in the Black Forest. In order to provide customers with this certificate of authenticity, the product must be produced authentically and exclusively from the Black Forest, and must be working purely mechanically with all of its essential working parts to have also been produced in the Black Forest as well. SCHNEIDER mechanical cuckoo clocks all guarantee the hallmarks of quality, precision and authenticity and as such, come with this certificate.
When you purchase a mechanical cuckoo clock from the Clock Shop we will guarantee:
- 2 year warranty on all cuckoo clock purchases
- A VDS Certificate of authenticity
- Top quality customer service with fast response times
- Fast and secure delivery to anywhere in Australia
- Genuine hand-crafted mechanical cuckoo clock by SCHNEIDER
- Traditional before the hunt design with hand-carved features adorning the clock's body
- A bird and a hare are located on either side of the clock dial
- Colourful dancers on a balcony above the clock dial
- Additional features include a powder bag at the base of the clock, and a horn that surrounds the clock dial
- 1 day mechanical chain wind movement
- Needs to be wound once a day
- Manual night shut off
- Measures 48cm in height*
- Cuckoo calls the time each hour and half hour
- A melody will play after the cuckoo calls, where the dancers will also twirl on the balcony
- Hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany
- Certificate of authenticity
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Free delivery on orders over $400
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
*The measurements of the clock do not include the height of the weights or pendulum.