A Decorative Hand Carved Cuckoo Clock By TRENKLE
This traditional Cuckoo Clock represents a fine example of a genuine, high quality hand-carved Black Forest cuckoo clock, produced by artisan clock makers TRENKLE from Simonswald in the Black Forest region of Germany.
Measuring 45cm* in height, this beautifully hand-carved clock celebrates a hunting scene combined with a natural forest display. Whilst the traditional design of 'Before The Hunt' cuckoo clocks features a couple of rifles hanging from the head of the clock, with a hare and a pheasant below, this particular take on this scene omits these particular features and instead includes additional oak foliage, as well as two birds in place of the hare and pheasant. Additional details to complete this scene include a powder bag at the base of the clock as well as a horn that surrounds the dial. Beautiful oak foliage adorns the clock, forming another very traditional element to this clock design.
The in-built cuckoo of this beautiful clock calls the time each hour, with a permanent automatic night-time shut-off that is controlled by a light sensor. When the room is dark enough, the cuckoo will no longer sound allowing you a sound sleep, before recommencing as the room lights up again the next morning. There is also a manual override to silence the cuckoo altogether should that be preferred. This clock is operated by a high quality quartz battery and does not come with music.
Benefits of a Quartz Battery Operated Cuckoo Clock
Quartz cuckoo clocks operate differently to mechanical cuckoo clocks. Quartz simply means the clock movement is battery operated. One benefit of a quartz operated cuckoo clock is that they are easier to manage and more hands off than a traditional mechanical cuckoo clock, as they do not require to be wound, and often feature ornamental or decorative weights and chains.
Quartz cuckoo clocks are available with or without music; the models that come with music play 12 different tunes that alternate each hour. Some models feature the sound of a real cuckoo bird in a forest environment.
Most quartz cuckoo clocks feature a light sensor for automatic night shut off to automatically mute any sound when the room gets dark.
Quality Black Forest Craftsmanship
- This genuine cuckoo clock is hand carved in the Black Forest region of Germany by artisan clock makers Trenkle.
- For over a half of a century, the Trenkle Uhren GmbH company has been carrying on the clock production tradition.
- Trenkle Black Forest clocks are a wonderful example of quality, careful workmanship and a love for detail. Their clocks are produced using a combination of creative handwork and the newest technology
- Trenkle Uhren's creative ideas are expressed in their ever changing models which add to the extensive range already available, which can be browsed both in store and online at the Clock Shop
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with the number one option for consistent quality timepieces. Don’t believe us? Check out our company reviews!
If you’re looking to purchase an authentic German cuckoo clock in Australia, then we offer a large range of quality timepieces that add a German inspired atmosphere to your home.
When you purchase a cuckoo clock from the Clock Shop you will be guaranteed a product that is authentic in origin, sourced directly from Germany, and crafted of the highest quality. These beautiful and unique hand carved clocks date back to the early 18th century and are still manufactured in the Black Forest region of Germany today.
- Genuine hand-carved battery cuckoo clock by TRENKLE
- Traditional hunting scene, with a bird at the crown of the clock
- Additional two birds, one on either side of the clock dial
- Powder bag at base of the clock, with a horn around the wooden clock dial
- Beautiful oak foliage adorns the clock
- Cuckoo calls the time each hour
- Night shut off mode
- No music
- High quality battery quartz movement that accurately holds the time
- Requires 3 x C Alkaline batteries
- Measures 45cm in height*
- Hand carved in the Black Forest region of Germany
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
*The measurements of the clock do not include the height of the weights or pendulum.