A Unique Design That Features Moving Birds
Looking for a cuckoo clock that offers something a little bit different from the rest? Why not consider this charming 1 Day Mechanical Chalet Cuckoo Clock designed by world renowned clock makers ROMBA from the Black Forest in Germany, where the company was established in 1894.
Measuring 24cm in height*, this impressive clock has hand carved features including an extravagant pair of birds, one on either side just below the clock dial facing each other. The clock also features beautiful carved leaf foliage which adorns the sides of the clock. The clock also features a wooden clock dial, and a timber pendulum that hangs below the clock itself, alongside the weights. A chalet style roof sits at the crown of the piece with individual hand laid shingles; whilst the cuckoo door sits directly below it. Perhaps the most fascinating feature of this clock is that the two birds move, a feature known as automaton (moving parts). The clock has been finished in a beautiful walnut colour that will suit a number of spaces.
This particular clock runs on a 1 day mechanism, and therefore needs to be wound once a day simply by pulling the weights. The in-built cuckoo of this clock calls the time each hour and once at half past, with a manual night shut off function should that be preferred. There is no music with this clock.
Benefits of a Mechanical Cuckoo Clock
Black Forest mechanical cuckoo clocks are weight driven and are available in two different movements:
- 1 Day Movement - you wind the clock by pulling the chain and winding the weights once a day
- 8 Day Movement - you wind the clock by pulling the chain and winding the weights once a week
Each mechanical cuckoo clock will have either two or three weights; two weights for cuckoo only and three weights for cuckoo and music. One weight runs the clock movement and hands that show the time and the second weight drives the cuckoo calling mechanism. The cuckoo sound is produced using bellows that push air through two whistles creating the 'cook' and 'coo' sounds respectively. If you choose to also have music with your mechanical cuckoo clock, the third weight drives a traditional mechanical music box movement with a pinned cylinder that plucks notes on a 'comb' to produce a melody.
Keeping To Traditions
With more than 100 years of experience, Rombach & Haas has become one of the most popular producers of cuckoo clocks in all of the Black Forest region in Germany. Collectors from around the world are awed by the beautiful designs and attention to detail that go into each cuckoo clock from the Rombach & Haas workshops. “Romba” clocks have made a name for themselves worldwide in terms of quality, design, inventiveness and diversity, all of which are still manufactured in the exact same warehouse from 1894.
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with an option for consistent quality timepieces. This unique Cuckoo Clock by ROMBA has been imported from Germany, guaranteeing an item of quality and precision. It comes with a 2 year warranty, and fast, secure delivery Australia wide. Your happiness is our guarantee!
A Guaranteed Product of Authenticity
The Clock Shop is a member of the “VDS-Verein die Schwarzwalduhr” (= Black Forest clock association), and a certificate of authenticity is included for all clocks with a mechanical movement made in the Black Forest. In order to provide customers with this certificate of authenticity, the product must be produced authentically and exclusively from the Black Forest, and must be working purely mechanically with all of its essential working parts to have also been produced in the Black Forest as well. ROMBA mechanical cuckoo clocks all guarantee the hallmarks of quality, precision and authenticity and as such, come with this certificate.
When you purchase a mechanical cuckoo clock from the Clock Shop we will guarantee:
- 2 year warranty on all cuckoo clock purchases
- A VDS Certificate of authenticity
- Top quality customer service with fast response times
- Fast and secure delivery to anywhere in Australia
- A 100% happiness guarantee policy with easy returns
- Features an extravagant pair of birds, one on either side just below the clock dial
- Features beautiful carved foliage which adorns the sides of the clock
- Wooden clock dial and a timber pendulum that hangs below the clock itself alongside the weights
- A chalet style roof sits at the crown of the piece, with individual hand laid shingles
- Cuckoo door sits directly below roof
- The two birds move- a feature known as automaton (moving parts)
- The in-built cuckoo of this clock calls the time each hour and once at half past
- Manual night shut off function should that be preferred
- No music
- 1 day mechanism - needs to be wound once a day simply by pulling the weights
- Measures 24cm* in height
- Genuine ROMBA Cuckoo Clock made in Germany from high-quality materials
- 2 year warranty
- Certificate of authenticity
- Free shipping on all orders over $400
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
*Please note the height of this item does not include the weights or the pendulum