A Traditional Cuckoo Clock Design That Features Moving Birds
This beautiful 1 Day Mechanical Carved Cuckoo Clock was carved by German designer HÖNES from the Black Forest in Germany, where the company was established in 1950.
Measuring 32cm in height*, this unique clock features a bird carving at the crown of the clock along with an arrangement of ornamental leaves adorning the clock’s body, a very famous and traditional element for cuckoo clock designs, making up one of the most popular styles of cuckoo clock carvings today. hangs below the clock, alongside the weights. Perhaps the most fascinating feature of this timepiece is the addition of two carved birds, one on either side of the clock dial, above a birds nest; along with the addition of hand painted flowers on the leaves, providing a hint of colour over the walnut finish of the clock.
The in-built cuckoo of this beautiful clock calls the time each hour and once at half past through a door that opens, with a manual shut-off mode, should that be preferred. This particular clock runs on a 1 day mechanism, and therefore needs to be wound once a week simply by pulling the weights. The automaton (moving elements) for this include the two side birds who move on the cuckoo call as though they are tending to chicks in the nest. This clock does not play any music.
This beautifully designed clock by HÖNES represents a charming timepiece, suitable for those looking for a quality traditional cuckoo clock that has been carved using methods that have been practised for hundreds of years.
Benefits of a Mechanical Cuckoo Clock
Black Forest mechanical cuckoo clocks are weight driven and are available in two different movements:
- 1 Day Movement - you wind the clock by pulling the chain and winding the weights once a day
- 8 Day Movement - you wind the clock by pulling the chain and winding the weights once a week
Each mechanical cuckoo clock will have either two or three weights; two weights for cuckoo only and three weights for cuckoo and music. One weight runs the clock movement and hands that show the time and the second weight drives the cuckoo calling mechanism. The cuckoo sound is produced using bellows that push air through two whistles creating the 'cook' and 'coo' sounds respectively. If you choose to also have music with your mechanical cuckoo clock, the third weight drives a traditional mechanical music box movement with a pinned cylinder that plucks notes on a 'comb' to produce a melody.
Hand Crafted in the Black Forest, Germany
- This genuine cuckoo clock is hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany by artisan clock makers HÖNES
- For true and authentic German Black Forest clocks, many people have come to rely on the quality and craftsmanship of the HÖNES name. HÖNES offers more than 70 years of experience with creating beautiful, high quality clocks
- Using only highly skilled and talented woodcarvers, HÖNES ensures that each clock creation is exceptionally built. From the design to the details, HÖNES cuckoo clocks have an elegance and beauty that is typical of all Black Forest clockmakers. Ensuring that all clocks are made in the traditional methods is one of the reasons that HÖNES remains such a popular and trusted provider of cuckoo clocks
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with the number one option for consistent quality timepieces. Don’t believe us? Check out our company reviews!
If you’re looking to purchase an authentic German cuckoo clock in Australia, then we offer a large range of quality timepieces that add a German inspired atmosphere to your home.
When you purchase a cuckoo clock from us, you will be guaranteed a product that is authentic in origin, sourced directly from Germany, and crafted of the highest quality. These beautiful and unique hand carved clocks date back to the early 18th century and are still manufactured in the Black Forest region of Germany today.
A Guaranteed Product of Authenticity
The Clock Shop is a member of the “VDS-Verein die Schwarzwalduhr” (= Black Forest clock association), and a certificate of authenticity is included for all clocks with a mechanical movement made in the Black Forest. In order to provide customers with this certificate of authenticity, the product must be produced authentically and exclusively from the Black Forest, and must be working purely mechanically with all of its essential working parts to have also been produced in the Black Forest as well. HÖNES mechanical cuckoo clocks all guarantee the hallmarks of quality, precision and authenticity and as such, come with this certificate. When you purchase a mechanical cuckoo clock from the Clock Shop we will guarantee:
- 2 year warranty on all cuckoo clock purchases
- A VDS Certificate of authenticity
- Top quality customer service with fast response times
- Fast and secure delivery to anywhere in Australia
- A 100% happiness guarantee policy with easy returns
- Genuine hand-carved 1 day mechanical carved cuckoo clock by HÖNES
- Features a bird carving at the crown of the clock
- 4 ornamental leaves adorning the clock’s body
- Two additional birds on the side, on either side below the clock dial
- Birds nest at base of clock
- Hand painted flowers on the leaves
- Walnut finish
- Represents a very famous and traditional cuckoo clock design
- Wooden clock dial
- Timber pendulum that hangs below the clock, alongside the weights
- In-built cuckoo of this beautiful clock calls the time each hour and once at half past through a door that opens
- Manual shut-off mode that can be enabled at any time
- Needs to be wound once a day simply by pulling the weights
- Automaton (moving elements) include the side birds who move as though they are tending to chicks in the nest
- No music
- Measures 32cm in height*
- Hand carved in the Black Forest region of Germany
- Certificate of authenticity
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Free delivery on orders over $400
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
*The measurements of the clock do not include the height of the weights or pendulum.
|Model #||400/3 BL|
|Movement Type||Mechanical 1 Day Chain Wind|
|Clock Sound||Cuckoo Only|
|Automaton (Moving Parts)||Birds|
Standard Shipping - $0.00
Take advantage of our great shipping rates including FREE delivery for all orders over $400. Please note, while PO box deliveries are possible, we don't recommend this for large and/or fragile items. We use the most suitable carrier based on the item/s ordered and the delivery location.
Express Shipping - Read notes* - $0.00
EXPRESS SHIPPING IS NOT FREE: Express Shipping is quoted once the order has been submitted. You can choose to pay for the product/s now and pay the shipping cost after the quote has been issued. Alternatively, please use the Shipping Quote payment option at checkout to defer any payment until the shipping quote has been received.
Free pick-up in store - $0.00
Free pick-up from Clock Shop, 194 Main Street, Montville 4560. Mon - Sat 10am - 4:30pm, Sun 1pm - 4:30pm