A Traditional Cuckoo Clock Design By SCHNEIDER
This delightful 8 Day Mechanical Carved Cuckoo Clock represents a fine example of a genuine, high quality hand-crafted German cuckoo clock, produced by clock makers SCHNEIDER from Schonach in the Black Forest region of Germany.
Measuring 40cm in height*, this adorable clock features a bird carvings along with an arrangement of leaves adorning the clock’s body, a design commonly featured on many of the early cuckoo clocks and still making up one of the most popular styles of cuckoo clock carvings today. The design of a frame of leaves is a very famous and traditional element for cuckoo clocks. This particular clock features the added detail of three coloured birds on the clock, all of which move. The ornamental leaves around the front of the clock surround a wooden clock dial, with the overall appearance rounded out with a timber pendulum.
The in-built cuckoo of this beautiful clock calls the time each hour and once at half past. There is no music with this clock and it needs to be wound once a week.
This beautifully designed clock by SCHNEIDER is a charming timepiece, suitable for those looking for a quality traditional cuckoo clock using carving methods that have been practised for hundreds of years.
Benefits of a Mechanical Cuckoo Clock
Black Forest mechanical cuckoo clocks are weight driven and are available in two different movements:
- 1 Day Movement - you wind the clock by pulling the chain and winding the weights once a day
- 8 Day Movement - you wind the clock by pulling the chain and winding the weights once a week
Each mechanical cuckoo clock will have either two or three weights; two weights for cuckoo only and three weights for cuckoo and music. One weight runs the clock movement and hands that show the time and the second weight drives the cuckoo calling mechanism. The cuckoo sound is produced using bellows that push air through two whistles creating the 'cook' and 'coo' sounds respectively. If you choose to also have music with your mechanical cuckoo clock, the third weight drives a traditional mechanical music box movement with a pinned cylinder that plucks notes on a 'comb' to produce a melody.
Quality Black Forest Craftsmanship
- This genuine cuckoo clock is hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany by clock makers Anton Schneider.
- Anton Schneider began producing cuckoo clocks from his farmhouse in Schonach in the Black Forest Region of Germany in 1848 and today the company is into the 6th generation of clock makers
- Today, the Anton Schneider clock factory is among the most modern and one of the largest cuckoo clock factories in all of the Black Forest
- Anton Schneider offers customers worldwide a true guarantee of a product of high quality, craftsmanship and precision
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with the number one option for consistent quality timepieces.
If you’re looking to purchase an authentic mechanical German cuckoo clock in Australia, then we offer a large range of quality timepieces that add a German inspired atmosphere to your home.
When you purchase a mechanical cuckoo clock from us you will be guaranteed a product that is authentic in origin, sourced directly from Germany, and crafted of the highest quality. These beautiful and unique hand carved clocks date back to the early 18th century and are still manufactured in the Black Forest region of Germany today.
A Guaranteed Product of Authenticity
The Clock Shop is a member of the “VDS-Verein die Schwarzwalduhr” (= Black Forest clock association), and a certificate of authenticity is included for all clocks with a mechanical movement made in the Black Forest. In order to provide customers with this certificate of authenticity, the product must be produced authentically and exclusively from the Black Forest, and must be working purely mechanically with all of its essential working parts to have also been produced in the Black Forest as well. SCHNEIDER mechanical cuckoo clocks all guarantee the hallmarks of quality, precision and authenticity and as such, come with this certificate.
When you purchase a mechanical cuckoo clock from the Clock Shop we will guarantee:
- 2 year warranty on all cuckoo clock purchases
- A VDS Certificate of authenticity
- Top quality customer service with fast response times
- Fast and secure delivery to anywhere in Australia
- Genuine hand-crafted 8 day mechanical cuckoo clock by SCHNEIDER
- Hand-carved birds and leaves adorning the clock’s body
- Three coloured birds who move
- Cuckoo calls the time each hour and once on the half hour
- No music
- Needs to be wound once a week
- Measures 40cm in height*
- Hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany
- Certificate of Authenticity
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Free delivery on orders over $400
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
*The measurements of the clock do not include the height of the weights or pendulum.
|Model #||8T 410/9|
|Movement Type||Mechanical 8 Day Chain Wind|
|Clock Sound||Cuckoo Only|
|Automaton (Moving Parts)||Birds|
Standard Shipping - $0.00
Take advantage of our great shipping rates including FREE delivery for all orders over $400. Please note, while PO box deliveries are possible, we don't recommend this for large and/or fragile items. We use the most suitable carrier based on the item/s ordered and the delivery location.
Express Shipping - Read notes* - $0.00
EXPRESS SHIPPING IS NOT FREE: Express Shipping is quoted once the order has been submitted. You can choose to pay for the product/s now and pay the shipping cost after the quote has been issued. Alternatively, please use the Shipping Quote payment option at checkout to defer any payment until the shipping quote has been received.
Free pick-up in store - $0.00
Free pick-up from Clock Shop, 194 Main Street, Montville 4560. Mon - Sat 10am - 4:30pm, Sun 1pm - 4:30pm