We are entitled to, and may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What information we collect
Businesses often collect consumer information including personal information to better help them understand their business requirements and how to better serve their customers.
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address, home/business address and telephone numbers
- demographic information such as age/date of birth, postcode, preferred gender, preferences and interests
- Details about your purchases and transaction history with us and your product and service preferences
- digital information, such as cookies (which are small data files transferred onto devices when a website or apps are accessed), tags and pixels (which ’tag’ devices), device type and software versions used, device identifiers (like IP address), location data (where available and not disabled by the user), dates, times, file metadata, referring website/app, data entered, and user activity such as links clicked, adding items to a basket, adding items to a wish list, browsing habits within our website and other information as allowed in your device permissions
- social media account names or tags (where you have engaged with us on a social media platforms)
- transaction information
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How we collect this information
We collect information about you directly from you via your access to our website when you have particular settings selected in your browser and devices (such as allowing cookies) and by supplying the information to us directly. The main ways we collect personal information are:
- During your order or purchase of products from us
- When you contact or visit us, including visiting our store, making an inquiry, making a complaint or providing feedback, seeking a refund or attending an event
- if you interact with us via social media platforms
- if you subscribe to any of our publications (including any mailing lists) or subscriptions
- if you participate in any competition or promotion that we conduct that requires us to gather information
- from anyone sharing information with us for loss prevention and/or law enforcement purposes
What we do with the information we collect
We require this information to understand your needs in order to provide you with better services and recommended products. This includes:
- Internal record keeping
- Selling and delivering our products and services to customers (we do not sell your information)
- administering, improving and personalising our products and services
- Administering our website to improve user experience
- Providing you advice regarding our products and services
- Processing payments and credit checks, and to provide layby services
- Managing our store, supply arrangements and inventory
- Considering feedback and remedy complaints that you may make to us and to communicate with you in these regards
- Providing refunds and exchanges and product recalls
- Promoting and advertising our products and services (e.g. by including your feedback in our advertising) and to undertake competitions and events
- Personalise advertising and content displayed to you (including the layout and content of our website, and advertisements displayed to you on or via third party websites, apps or platforms such as Facebook or Google)
- Monitoring our sales of products and services and for quality control purposes, including undertaking customer surveys and analysis, or seeking feedback from customers
- Undertaking database compilation and management, data processing, data analysis and matching, market research or trend analysis to better understand our customers’ preferences, personalise our website and (where you have consented to receiving offers or direct marketing) to offer products or provide services of greater interest to you or engage in direct marketing
- To derive insights about you in order to better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience, enhance the products and services you receive, and to tell you about products and services that may be of interest to you.
- In the case of our suppliers or service providers, to manage the provision of products and services to us
- To monitor and measure the use of our website, including web-based referral channels, data entered and digital behaviour such as links clicked
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
Use of information with 3rd parties
We work with third parties in carrying on our business and may disclose some of your information to:
- Facilitate the provision of products and services to you (including to facilitate repairs, replacements and customer recalls), such as product manufacturers and suppliers and logistics service providers
- Marketing, advertising and promotions services providers in connection with our marketing and advertising
- Third party platforms who display advertising or content (including personalised advertising) based on your personal information or preferences (including social media platforms such as Facebook)
- Third parties who provide services to us in connection with our business operations, including data monitoring, data analysis and data matching activities, monitoring trends in customer preferences or transactions and the operation and maintenance of our website
- Credit reporting agencies, for example if your business is a supplier to us
- Third parties who provide other administrative and operational services to us in connection with our business, including financial institutions, security services providers, market research or feedback collection companies, IT service providers, payment processors and collectors
- Our professional advisers to enable them to provide services to us
- Third parties necessary to assist us in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of policy or law, fraudulent activities, loss prevention activities
- Law enforcement agencies, government agencies or other third parties, where required under or authorised by law
- In special circumstances – for example, if we were to sell our business or part of our business, your information may be disclosed to potential purchasers and their advisers as part of that process
Additional information concerning your data
Generally, we will provide direct marketing and personalised communications to you where you have requested or consented to receiving them. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing or personalised communications you can opt-out by contacting us using the email address listed at the bottom of this policy, by using the unsubscribe link or opt out details provided in the direct marketing communication or in the case of online advertising by changing your browser options in the digital platforms you use such as Google or Facebook.
Additional information concerning your data and Google
If you are signed into your Google account when you use our website, then Google may also combine data from your Google account with data about your use of our website, to help identify you to be shown relevant Clock Shop advertising online, across your devices. This is done using a Google service called Remarketing with Google Analytics, which links Google Analytics cookies (set by Clock Shop) with Google advertising cookies (set by Google). Google Analytics helps website owners measure how users interact with website content. For more information:
- About Google advertising cookies and Google Analytics cookies: www.google.com/policies/technologies/types/
- About how Google uses data when you use sites and apps that use Google technologies: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
- On how to opt out of Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- On how to opt out of Google Ads Personalization: www.google.com/settings/ads
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
You can request access to your personal information, or request that your information be corrected, by contacting us using the contact details below.
If you have a question about this policy or wish to make a complaint about the way we have collected, used, held or disclosed your personal information, please contact us at the address below. We may need to contact you for further details.
If you wish to make a formal complaint, please make your complaint in writing to our owner. We will consider your complaint promptly and contact you to seek to resolve the matter. If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time, you are entitled under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner to resolve that complaint. Please note you must make your formal complaint to Clock Shop first and give us the opportunity to resolve the matter first.
Clock Shop contact information:
Address - 194 Main St, Montville, QLD 4560
Phone - 5442 9409
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org