A Modern Take On A Traditional Cuckoo Clock Design
This unique Cuckoo Clock is a genuine, high quality hand-crafted cuckoo clock, produced by artisan clock makers TRENKLE from Simonswald in the Black Forest region of Germany.
Measuring 20cm in height, this unique clock features an original handcarved deer at the crown of the clock, along with an outline of 5 traditional leaves adorning the clock’s body, a design commonly featured on many of the early cuckoo clocks and still making up one of the most popular styles of cuckoo clock carvings today. What sets this cuckoo clock apart from the rest is the colour- whilst the traditional design of this clock is finished in wood, this particular take has an image of a black forest couple on it facing each other with the background coloured in white. Black coloured decorative weights round out the unique design of this cuckoo clock.
The in-built cuckoo of this beautiful clock calls the time each hour. There is also a manual override to silence the cuckoo altogether should that be preferred. This clock comes with an option of 12 different traditional melodies that rotate per hour, with the option to turn the music off altogether.
This beautifully designed clock by TRENKLE represents a striking timepiece, suitable for those looking for a quality traditional cuckoo clock that is reliable at keeping time, whilst keeping in line with design features that use carving methods that have been practised for hundreds of years. The white colour will suit any desired space, and it will certainly delight you every hour when the cuckoo bird comes out of the doors.
Take A Closer Look At This Clock
Benefits of a Quartz Battery Operated Cuckoo Clock
Quartz cuckoo clocks operate differently to mechanical cuckoo clocks. Quartz simply means the clock movement is battery operated. One benefit of a quartz operated cuckoo clock is that they are easier to manage and more hands off than a traditional mechanical cuckoo clock, as they do not require to be wound, and often feature ornamental or decorative weights and chains.
Quartz cuckoo clocks are available with or without music; the models that come with music play 12 different tunes that alternate each hour. Some models feature the sound of a real cuckoo bird in a forest environment.
Most quartz cuckoo clocks feature a light sensor for automatic night shut off to automatically mute any sound when the room gets dark.
Quality Black Forest Craftsmanship
- This genuine cuckoo clock is hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany by artisan clock makers Trenkle.
- For over a half of a century, the Trenkle Uhren GmbH company has been carrying on the clock production tradition.
- Trenkle Black Forest clocks are a wonderful example of quality, careful workmanship and a love for detail. Their clocks are produced using a combination of creative handwork and the newest technology
- Trenkle Uhren's creative ideas are expressed in their ever changing models which add to the extensive range already available, which can be browsed both in store and online at the Clock Shop
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with the number one option for consistent quality timepieces. Don’t believe us? Check out our company reviews!
If you’re looking to purchase an authentic German cuckoo clock in Australia, then we offer a large range of quality timepieces that add a German inspired atmosphere to your home.
When you purchase a cuckoo clock from us, you will be guaranteed a product that is authentic in origin, sourced directly from Germany, and crafted of the highest quality. These beautiful and unique hand carved clocks date back to the early 18th century and are still manufactured in the Black Forest region of Germany today.
- Genuine hand-crafted battery cuckoo clock by TRENKLE
- Modern white colour scheme with image of black forest couple facing each other
- Cuckoo calls the time each hour
- Optional music- 12 melodies
- Manual shut off mode
- High quality battery quartz movement that accurately holds the time
- Measures 20cm in height
- Hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.