Keep An Eye On The Weather
Both stylish and functional, this Nautical Weather Station Set is 100% made in Germany by world-renowned experts Fischer, and features a barometer, a thermometer, a hygrometer and a tide clock to help you keep an eye on the weather at all times.
This set features three separate instruments made from high quality materials that are built to last a lifetime, including a tide clock on the top, a barometer in the middle, and a thermometer/hygrometer combination on the bottom. Each of the instruments feature a white dial with easy to read information, protected by a mineral glass lens and a chrome case. Each instrument has been set neatly in a black stained timber board that can be easily mounted on the wall.
This weather set has been manufactured with meticulous precision and attention to detail, using robust and high-quality materials that make it not only appealing in looks, but also suitable for real-world applications. It is an excellent gift idea that will keep on giving for many years to come.
Measurements: Individual instruments: 12.5cm diameter; timber board: 51cm x 15cm
Tide Clock: This eye-catching tide clock houses a highly precise and reliable quartz battery movement suitable for most semi diurnal tide zones.
A tide clock is similar to that of a standard 12 hour clock, however there are a few key differences. Firstly, a tide clock takes a total of 12 hours and 25 minutes for the hand to make a full rotation around the dial, with the words high tide and low tide displayed where 12 o’clock and 6 o’clock should be. The clock hand rotates clockwise and counts down to the next tide in hourly intervals. So, if the clock hand is pointing to 5 on the right side of the dial, that will indicate that it is 5 hours until the next low tide.
It is recommended that you reset a tide clock at the start of each lunar month. Please see this article for more information on how tide clocks work.
Barometer: A barometer is a scientific instrument that measures atmospheric pressure (or barometric pressure). Because the Earth has gravity, the air molecules in the layers of the atmosphere stack up and exert pressure, with the air density and pressure increasing as the altitude gets lower to sea level.
Barometers measure the changes in the atmosphere and pressure to determine the weather. A rapid drop in atmospheric pressure means that a low pressure system is nearby, meaning cloudy, windy, rainy, or stormy weather. A rapid increase in atmospheric pressure means the weather is clearing, bringing in cool dry air. The faster the pressure is rising or falling, the faster the weather is predicted to change.
How To Set your Barometer: Simply adjust the small brass screw at the back of the instrument, which turns the black hand to set the barometric pressure for your location. Set a reference point for barometric pressure readings easily with the nut in the centre of the glass lens at the front of your barometer.
Thermometer & Hygrometer: Thermometer allows you to keep an eye on the temperature, and a hygrometer allows you to measure the humidity.
Fischer | Clocks & Weather Instruments | Precision Engineering
- Fischer are a German based company founded in 1945 by aircraft engineer Kurt Fischer in a little village in the Erzgebirge named Drebach
- Precision engineering, durability and solid craftsmanship are the hallmarks of an authentic Fischer product
- Fischer is a proud producer of precision instruments designed to measure the weather and climate, such as barometers, hygrometers, thermometers, maritime clocks, and thermometers
- All FISCHER branded products are exclusively manufactured in Germany, with decades of expertise
- Solid, durable and fine quality mechanical instruments are designed to a high level of precision for both on land and at sea
- Genuine FISCHER nautical weather station set
- 100% made in Germany by world-renowned experts Fischer
- Features a barometer, a thermometer, a hygrometer and a tide clock
- Individual instruments: 12.5cm diameter; timber board: 51cm x 15cm
- Keep an eye on the weather always
- Stylish and functional design
- Instruments are made from high quality materials that are built to last a lifetime
- White dial with easy to read information
- Mineral glass lens, and chrome case
- Black coloured wooden display case that can be easily displayed on the wall
- Excellent gift idea that will keep on giving for many years to come
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
|Type||Barometers & Thermometers|
|Clock Sound||No Sound|
Standard Shipping - $0.00
Take advantage of our great shipping rates including FREE delivery for all orders over $400. Please note, while PO box deliveries are possible, we don't recommend this for large and/or fragile items. We use the most suitable carrier based on the item/s ordered and the delivery location.
Express Shipping - Quoted (NOT FREE Read notes*) - $0.00
EXPRESS SHIPPING IS NOT FREE: Express Shipping is quoted once the order has been submitted. You can choose to pay for the product/s now and pay the shipping cost after the quote has been issued. Alternatively, please use the Shipping Quote payment option at checkout to defer any payment until the shipping quote has been received.
Free pick-up in store - $0.00
Free pick-up from Clock Shop, 194 Main Street, Montville 4560. Mon - Sat 9:30am - 5:00pm, Sun 12:30pm - 5:00pm
Take advantage of our great shipping rates that includes FREE delivery for all orders over $400*. (*excluding Grandfather Clocks - specialised carriers and insurance is required for all Grandfather Clock deliveries). Read MoreReturns
All purchases from Clock Shop also come with our Happiness Guarantee policy - We will happily exchange or refund any product that you are not 100% happy with. To request an exchange or refund, simply contact us within 7 days from the date your item/s arrived. All of our products are quality checked before they are shipped out. If you receive a faulty item from us upon delivery, please contact us immediately at email@example.com