Add a Cuckoo Clock to your Australia Home and Add a Piece of History
Cuckoo clocks in Australia are an art form that combines accurate timekeeping with beautiful carvings, creating an art piece deserving of display. The Clock Shop in Montville offers quality timepieces that add a playful atmosphere to your home, and we import 95% of our inventory from Germany.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Genuine Cuckoo Clocks
Cuckoo clocks are works of art that add a touch of intrigue to any home. Their precise timekeeping mechanisms announce the time musically on the hour or half hour. Cuckoo clocks come with different options, and all our goods are authentic and original.
- The majority of cuckoo clocks are made from Linden wood from the Black Forest region of Germany and crafted in various styles, for example, Traditional and Chalet. Traditional cuckoo clocks are hand carved, and the Chalet version always features a typical Black Forest house.
- One-day clocks with music play music on the hour and half hour and require daily winding, while eight-day clocks with music only play music on the hour and only need winding once a week.
- Light sleepers will appreciate the night shutoff switch which allows you to silence the clock overnight or during the day, depending upon your preference. Mechanical clocks require you to move a lever up or down while some quartz battery clocks contain a light sensor which mutes the sounds once the room darkens.
Consider all factors before making your selection, from how often your clock needs to be wound, when you want to be notified of the time, and if you need quiet at night for restful slumber.
Tips Regarding Authentic Cuckoo Clocks
As an art piece that functions as a timekeeper, consider purchasing a cuckoo clock online as an investment that you can pass on to future generations.
- Choosing a piece with many moving figures adds to the unique qualities of the timepiece. Moving figures on the clock will add more interest and will have your children or grandchildren fascinated with dancers, men cutting lumber and folks lifting a stein.
- The music choices are often German folk songs, so be sure you’re comfortable hearing the same melodies throughout the day, or you can opt for cuckoo only, bird sounds that bring nature into your home.
- Take photos as you unpack the clock to ensure you can replicate the packing before shipment to prevent further damage in case repairs are needed.
About Clock Shop
Our small family run business has been in the same location for over 25 years. We travel to Germany every year to meet with suppliers to review the newer models that fit any budget and décor. We are an authorised VdS (Verein – die Schwarzwalduhr) Black Forest Clock Association service and repair shop with an onsite clockmaker to handle any repairs.
Give us a call for more information on our cuckoo clocks or to hear their sounds. We will be happy to assist you with your selection and will provide a VdS certificate to accompany your purchase for authenticity.