Keep An Eye On The Weather
This Nautical Barometer is 100% made in Germany by world-renowned experts Fischer, and features a stylish yet functional design. This weather instrument been manufactured with meticulous precision and attention to detail, using robust and high-quality materials that make it not only appealing in looks, but also suitable for real-world applications.
This maritime barometer features a clean white dial with easy-to-read information, protected by a mineral glass lens and a polished chrome case. It also features an open measuring visible mechanism.
Made from high quality materials that are built to last a lifetime, this barometer set is the perfect gift idea that will keep on giving for many years to come.
How To Set your Barometer: Simply adjust the small brass screw at the back of the instrument, which turns the black hand to set the barometric pressure for your location. Set a reference point for barometric pressure readings easily with the nut in the centre of the glass lens at the front of your barometer.
Please Note: This barometer operates to 3000 feet (900 metres) altitude only
What Is A Barometer?
A barometer is a scientific instrument that measures atmospheric pressure (or barometric pressure). Because the Earth has gravity, the air molecules in the layers of the atmosphere stack up and exert pressure, with the air density and pressure increasing as the altitude gets lower to sea level.
Barometers measure the changes in the atmosphere and pressure to determine the weather. A rapid drop in atmospheric pressure means that a low pressure system is nearby, meaning cloudy, windy, rainy, or stormy weather. A rapid increase in atmospheric pressure means the weather is clearing, bringing in cool dry air. The faster the pressure is rising or falling, the faster the weather is predicted to change.
Customise Your Own Weather Instrument Set
This item comes as part of a series to complete a fully customized set - choose which additional instruments fulfill your needs and have them beautifully match at the same time.
*Please note: Products in the set each sold separately
Fischer | Clocks & Weather Instruments | Precision Engineering
- Fischer are a German based company founded in 1945 by aircraft engineer Kurt Fischer in a little village in the Erzgebirge named Drebach
- Precision engineering, durability and solid craftsmanship are the hallmarks of an authentic Fischer product
- Fischer is a proud producer of precision instruments designed to measure the weather and climate, such as barometers, hygrometers, thermometers, maritime clocks, and thermometers
- All FISCHER branded products are exclusively manufactured in Germany, with decades of expertise
- Solid, durable and fine quality mechanical instruments are designed to a high level of precision for both on land and at sea
- Genuine FISCHER barometer made in Germany from high quality materials
- Keep an eye on the weather at all times
- Measures 16.5cm in diameter
- Manufactured with meticulous precision and attention to detail
- Suitable for real-world applications
- Features a clean white dial with easy-to-read information
- Mineral glass lens
- Polished chrome case
- Suitable for a number of nautical themed spaces
- Comes as part of a series with different styles and components to complete a full customized set
- Series includes: Nautical Clock, Barometer/ or Barometer With Thermometer & Hygrometer
- Operates to 3000 feet (900m altitude)
- Full instruction manual
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
|Type||Barometers & Thermometers|
|Material||Chrome Plated Brass|
Standard Shipping - $0.00
Take advantage of our great shipping rates including FREE delivery for all orders over $400. Please note, while PO box deliveries are possible, we don't recommend this for large and/or fragile items. We use the most suitable carrier based on the item/s ordered and the delivery location.
Express Shipping - Quoted (NOT FREE Read notes*) - $0.00
EXPRESS SHIPPING IS NOT FREE: Express Shipping is quoted once the order has been submitted. You can choose to pay for the product/s now and pay the shipping cost after the quote has been issued. Alternatively, please use the Shipping Quote payment option at checkout to defer any payment until the shipping quote has been received.
Free pick-up in store - $0.00
Free pick-up from Clock Shop, 194 Main Street, Montville 4560. Mon - Sat 9:30am - 5:00pm, Sun 12:30pm - 5:00pm
Take advantage of our great shipping rates that includes FREE delivery for all orders over $400*. (*excluding Grandfather Clocks - specialised carriers and insurance is required for all Grandfather Clock deliveries). Read MoreReturns
All purchases from Clock Shop also come with our Happiness Guarantee policy - We will happily exchange or refund any product that you are not 100% happy with. To request an exchange or refund, simply contact us within 7 days from the date your item/s arrived. All of our products are quality checked before they are shipped out. If you receive a faulty item from us upon delivery, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org