quality traditional grandfather clock was designed by world renowned clock makers HERMLE from the Black Forest in Germany, where the company was established in 1922.
Measuring 193cm in height, this exquisite grandfather clock features an impressive round white dial with contrasting black roman numerals and neat black hands. A seperate smaller dial is featured for the seconds hand. Rounding out the body of this fascinating clock is a rounded timber case made from alder or maple wood, and burnished into a walnut colour, with burlwood inlay highlights. At the front of the clock is a large mineral glass panel, with another two smaller panels on the sides that allows high visibility into the impressive inner features including the clock movement, dial, polished brass weights and pendulum. The overall design provides a contemporary take on a traditional clock.
This elegant grandfather clock is fitted with a high quality German 8-day 4/4 cable driven movement, and plays the famous Westminster chime (also known as the "Big Ben" chime or the "Westminster Quarters"). The movement and case are both 100% German made, ensuring an item of high quality and precision. In addition to these features, the clock also has manual chime on/off function, an automatic night-time shut-off, as well as the option to silence the clock altogether should that be preferred. This clock needs to be wound once a week by inserting a crank key into the holes evident in the clock dial and winding the cable.
Traditionally, grandfather clocks have not changed much over the centuries and to this day they still represent the amazing craftsmanship of both clock making and carpentry, keeping in style with a passage of time that is still well loved in today’s society. These timeless designs serve as generational keepsakes, having existed for over 400 years already, and are commonly also referred to as ‘Longcase Clocks’, ‘Floor Clocks’, or ‘Tall-Case Clocks’.
Learn More About Grandfather Clocks
At HERMLE, Quality Is Paramount
- HERMLE is a company that originated in Germany in 1922, and today has been run by 4 generations.
- With 100 years of experience in clock making, the production of HERMLE's timeless masterpieces are created with 100% precision, attention to detail and quality.
- HERMLE grandfather clocks are reliable, precise, aesthetically pleasing and are made from the finest high-quality materials.
- When you buy a HERMLE clock you are buying a guaranteed top quality timepiece that is sure to last a lifetime.
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with an option for consistent quality timepieces. This elegant Grandfather Clock by HERMLE has been imported from Germany, guaranteeing an item of quality and precision. When you purchase a grandfather clock from the Clock Shop we will guarantee:
- 2 year warranty on all grandfather clock purchases
- Top quality customer service with fast response times
- Fast and secure delivery to anywhere in Australia
- A 100% happiness guarantee policy with easy returns
- Genuine hand-crafted grandfather clock by world class clock manufacturers HERMLE in the Black Forest
- Measures 193cm x 52cm x 32cm
- Features a white round dial with contrasting black roman numerals and neat black hands
- Seperate smaller dial for seconds hand
- Solid rounded timber case made from alder or maple wood and burnished walnut colour
- Burlwood inlay highlights
- Front and side visual mineral glass panels to allow high visibility into the impressive inner features
- Inner features include the clock movement, dial, polished brass weights and pendulum
- Fitted with a high quality German 8-day 4/4 cable driven movement
- The movement and the case are both 100% German made, ensuring an item of high quality and precision
- Automatic night shut off
- Needs to be wound once a week
- Wound by inserting a crank key into the holes present in the dial
- Manual chime on/off function
- Option to silence the clock altogether should that be preferred
- Fast and safe delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
All Grandfather Clocks require specialised carriers and as such, shipping costs are quoted based on the destination. All consignments are insured for complete customer satisfaction. Shipping costs generally range from $150 to $500.
This clock is backed by a minimum 2 year manufacturer’s warranty that is serviceable through the Clock Shop. All service and warranty work is handled in-house, through our physical shop in Montville, Australia. We stand behind our products and are just a phone call or an email away! For international customers outside of Australia there is additional access to world-wide service stations.
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
Learn more about Grandfather Clocks via our blog here!
|Movement||Mechanical 8 Day Cable Wind|
|Clock Sound||Westminster Chime|
|Material||Wood & Glass|
Free pick-up in store - $0.00
Free pick-up from Clock Shop, 194 Main Street, Montville 4560. Mon - Sat 9:30am - 5:00pm, Sun 12:30pm - 5:00pm
Take advantage of our great shipping rates that includes FREE delivery for all orders over $400*. (*excluding Grandfather Clocks - specialised carriers and insurance is required for all Grandfather Clock deliveries). Read MoreReturns
All purchases from Clock Shop also come with our Happiness Guarantee policy - We will happily exchange or refund any product that you are not 100% happy with. To request an exchange or refund, simply contact us within 7 days from the date your item/s arrived. All of our products are quality checked before they are shipped out. If you receive a faulty item from us upon delivery, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org