quality traditional grandfather clock was designed by world renowned clock makers AMS from the Black Forest in Germany, where the company was established in 1776.
Measuring 195cm in height, this exquisite grandfather clock features an impressive gold round dial with roman numerals and elegant hands that instantly draws the eye. Above the dial is an inset moon dial above which displays the phases of the Moon as it progresses through a complete lunar month of 29.5 days. Rounding out the body of this fascinating clock is a traditional solid timber rich walnut case with beautiful wood inlay at the base of the clock, and gold accents that compliment the overall clock design perfectly.
The solid timber frame features a front visual mineral glass panel that allows high visibility into the impressive inner features including the clock movement, dial, cable pulleys, polished brass weights and lyre pendulum. This elegant grandfather clock is fitted with a high quality German Kieninger 8-day 4/4 cable wound movement, and plays the famous Westminster chime (also known as the "Big Ben" chime or the "Westminster Quarters"). The movement and the case are both 100% German made, ensuring an item of high quality and precision. In addition to these features, the clock also has manual chime on/off function, and an automatic night-time shut-off which is enabled by lifting and pulling a lever, as well as the option to silence the clock altogether should that be preferred. The automatic night off function runs from 10pm till 7:15am and the clock needs to be wound once a week.
Traditionally, grandfather clocks have not changed much over the centuries and to this day they still represent the amazing craftsmanship of both clock making and carpentry, keeping in style with a passage of time that is still well loved in today’s society. These timeless designs serve as generational keepsakes, having existed for over 400 years already, and are commonly also referred to as ‘Longcase Clocks’, ‘Floor Clocks’, or ‘Tall-Case Clocks’.
Hand Crafted in the Black Forest, Germany
- AMS are a German family run business who specialise in elegant and modern clocks
- AMS Black Forest clocks are reliable, precise, aesthetically pleasing and are made from the finest high-quality materials
- When you buy an AMS grandfather clock you are buying a guaranteed top quality timepiece that is sure to last a lifetime
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with an option for consistent quality timepieces. This elegant Grandfather Clock by AMS has been imported from Germany, guaranteeing an item of quality and precision. When you purchase a grandfather clock from the Clock Shop we will guarantee:
- 2 year warranty on all grandfather clock purchases
- Top quality customer service with fast response times
- Fast and secure delivery to anywhere in Australia
- A 100% happiness guarantee policy with easy returns
- Genuine hand-crafted grandfather clock by AMS in the Black Forest
- Measures 195cm x 50cm x 25cm
- Beautiful walnut finished cabinetry by world class clock manufacturers AMS
- Gold accents that compliment the overall design perfectly
- Features an impressive gold round dial with roman numerals that instantly draws the eye
- Inset moon dial which displays the phases of the Moon as it progresses through a complete lunar month of 29.5 days
- Traditional solid timber rich walnut case with distinctive wood inlay that compliments the overall clock design
- Full visual mineral glass panels to allow high visibility into the impressive inner features
- Inner features include the clock movement, dial, cable pulleys, polished brass weights and lyre pendulum
- Fitted with a high quality German Kieninger 8-day 4/4 cable wound movement
- Plays the famous Westminster Chime
- The movement and the case are both 100% German made, ensuring an item of high quality and precision
- Automatic night shut off from 10pm till 7:15am
- Manual chime on/off function
- Needs to be wound once a week
- Option to silence the clock altogether should that be preferred
- Fast and safe delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
All Grandfather Clocks require specialised carriers and as such, shipping costs are quoted based on the destination. All consignments are insured for complete customer satisfaction. Shipping costs generally range from $150 to $500.
This clock is backed by a minimum 2 year manufacturer’s warranty that is serviceable through the Clock Shop. All service and warranty work is handled in-house, through our physical shop in Montville, Australia. We stand behind our products and are just a phone call or an email away! For international customers outside of Australia there is additional access to world-wide service stations.
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
Learn more about Grandfather Clocks via our blog here!
|Mechanism||Mechanical 8 Day Cable Wind|
|Clock Sound||Westminster Chime|
2 Year Warranty
Free pick-up in store - $0.00
Free pick-up from Clock Shop, 194 Main Street, Montville 4560. Mon - Sat 10am - 4:30pm, Sun 1pm - 4:30pm