This high quality traditional grandfather clock was crafted by world renowned master cabinet maker Werner Schneider from Schneider Gehäuse in the Black Forest of Germany, where the company was established in 1928.
Measuring 207cm in height, this exquisite grandfather clock features an impressive round chapter ring dial with embossed roman numerals that instantly draws the eye. Above the main dial is an inset moon dial which displays the phases of the Moon as it progresses through a complete lunar month of 29.5 days. Rounding out the body of this fascinating clock is a traditional case, made from solid wood that has been burnished into a walnut colour. This elegant grandfather clock design features bevelled glass panels both front and side that allows high visibility into the impressive inner features including the clock movement, dial, cable pulleys, polished weights with timber caps, and lyre pendulum, with decorative inlay etched onto a timber insert in the pendulum disc. Perhaps the most fascinating feature in the overall design includes the addition of 6 internal glass shelf panels with 3 that can go on display on each side, as well as etched patterned weights, a highly detailed dial, and an internal mirror and lighting (240v) to allow high visibility into the clock movements at all times. Finally, this clock features a drawer & secret compartment under the false base inside the clock cabinet.
This elegant grandfather clock is fitted with a high quality German Kieninger 8-day cable wound movement with triple chimes, with the three chimes including the famous Westminster Chime (also known as the "Big Ben" chime or the "Westminster Quarters"); the Whittington Chime; and the St. Michael's Chimes. The movement and the case are both 100% German made, ensuring an item of high quality and precision. This clock comes with optional automatic chime progression, where the chime will change automatically each hour should that be preferred to one melody.
This clock requires winding once a week. To wind the clock you simply insert a crank key into the holes present in the dial and wind the cable. In addition to these features, the clock also has manual chime on/off function and an automatic night-time shut-off, as well as the option to silence the clock altogether should that be preferred. The automatic night shut off function runs from 10pm till 7:15am.
Traditionally, grandfather clocks have not changed much over the centuries and to this day they still represent the amazing craftsmanship of both clock making and carpentry, keeping in style with a passage of time that is still well loved in today’s society. These timeless designs serve as generational keepsakes, having existed for over 400 years already, and are commonly also referred to as ‘Longcase Clocks’, ‘Floor Clocks’, or ‘Tall-Case Clocks’.
Learn More About Grandfather Clocks
High Quality German Clocks Since 1928
- Schneider Gehäuse is a German brand that specialises in producing high quality Grandfather Clocks, wall clocks and table clocks
- Established in 1928, the Schneider family is now in the 4th generation, and has been constructing clock casings for almost a century
- Tradition, trust and the best service are central values for Schneider Gehäuse who we admire and have a strong relationship with
- Schneider Gehäuse are well known for creating single, customised and individual commissions for customers from a range of technical casings and cabinets which are produced in a wide range of finishes
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with an option for consistent quality timepieces. This elegant Grandfather Clock by Schneider Gehäuse has been imported from Germany, guaranteeing an item of quality and precision. When you purchase a grandfather clock from the Clock Shop we will guarantee:
- 2 year warranty on all grandfather clock purchases
- Top quality customer service with fast response times
- Fast and secure delivery to anywhere in Australia
- A 100% happiness guarantee policy with easy returns
- Genuine hand-crafted grandfather clock by Schneider Gehäuse in the Black Forest
- Measures 207cm in height
- Features an impressive round chapter ring dial with raised roman numerals
- Inset moon dial which displays the phases of the Moon as it progresses through a complete lunar month of 29.5 days
- Traditional case made from solid wood that has been burnished into a walnut colour
- Features bevelled glass panels both front and side that allows high visibility into the impressive inner features
- Inner features include the clock movement, dial, cable pulleys, polished weights with timber caps, and lyre pendulum
- Decorative inlay etched onto a timber insert in the pendulum disc
- 6 internal glass shelf panels with 3 that can go on display on each side
- Etched patterned weights
- Highly detailed dial
- Internal mirror and lighting (240v) to allow high visibility into the clock movements at all times
- Hidden drawer & secret compartment under the false base inside the clock cabinet
- Fitted with a high quality German Kieninger 8-day cable wound movement with triple chimes
- Three chimes include the Westminster Chime, the Whittington Chime; and the St. Michael's Chimes
- Movement and the case are both 100% German made, ensuring an item of high quality and precision
- Optional automatic chime progression
- Requires winding once a week
- Wind by inserting a crank key into the holes present in the dial and winding the cable
- Manual chime on/off function
- Automatic night-time shut-off from 10pm till 7:15am
- Fast and safe delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
All Grandfather Clocks require specialised carriers and as such, shipping costs are quoted based on the destination. All consignments are insured for complete customer satisfaction. Shipping costs generally range from $150 to $500.
This clock is backed by a minimum 2 year manufacturer’s warranty that is serviceable through the Clock Shop. All service and warranty work is handled in-house, through our physical shop in Montville, Australia. We stand behind our products and are just a phone call or an email away! For international customers outside of Australia there is additional access to world-wide service stations.
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
Learn more about Grandfather Clocks via our blog here!
|Movement||Mechanical 8 Day Cable Wind|
|Clock Sound||Triple Chime|
Free pick-up in store - $0.00
Free pick-up from Clock Shop, 194 Main Street, Montville 4560. Mon - Sat 9:30am - 5:00pm, Sun 12:30pm - 5:00pm
Take advantage of our great shipping rates that includes FREE delivery for all orders over $400*. (*excluding Grandfather Clocks - specialised carriers and insurance is required for all Grandfather Clock deliveries). Read MoreReturns
All purchases from Clock Shop also come with our Happiness Guarantee policy - We will happily exchange or refund any product that you are not 100% happy with. To request an exchange or refund, simply contact us within 7 days from the date your item/s arrived. All of our products are quality checked before they are shipped out. If you receive a faulty item from us upon delivery, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org