Maritime Barometer | 100% German Made
This Nautical Barometer is 100% made in Germany by world-renowned experts Fischer, and features a stylish yet functional design that has been manufactured with meticulous precision and attention to detail, using robust and high-quality materials that make it not only appealing in looks, but also suitable for real-world applications.
This maritime barometer features a white dial with easy-to-read information, protected by a polished brass bezel and a bevelled mineral glass lens with an open aperture to view into the instrument. This nautical barometer has been set neatly in a mahogany stained and lacquered timber case.
Made from high quality materials that are built to last a lifetime, this barometer set is the perfect gift idea that will keep on giving for many years to come.
How To Set your Barometer: Simply adjust the small brass screw at the back of the instrument, which turns the black hand to set the barometric pressure for your location. Set a reference point for barometric pressure readings easily with the nut in the centre of the glass lens at the front of your barometer.
Please Note: This barometer operates to 3000 feet (900 metres) altitude only
Measuring accuracy barometer: ± 2 hPa
Measuring range barometric air pressure: 950 hPa to 1050 hPa
Measurements: Overall diameter: 200mm; Dial diameter: 150mm
What Is A Barometer?
A barometer is a scientific instrument that measures atmospheric pressure (or barometric pressure). Because the Earth has gravity, the air molecules in the layers of the atmosphere stack up and exert pressure, with the air density and pressure increasing as the altitude gets lower to sea level.
Barometers measure the changes in the atmosphere and pressure to determine the weather. A rapid drop in atmospheric pressure means that a low pressure system is nearby, meaning cloudy, windy, rainy, or stormy weather. A rapid increase in atmospheric pressure means the weather is clearing, bringing in cool dry air. The faster the pressure is rising or falling, the faster the weather is predicted to change.
Customise Your Own Weather Instrument Set
This item comes as part of a series to complete a fully customized set - choose which instruments fulfill your needs and have them beautifully match at the same time.
Quartz Clock | Barometer
*Please note: Products in the set each sold separately
Fischer | Clocks & Weather Instruments | Precision Engineering
- Fischer are a German based company founded in 1945 by aircraft engineer Kurt Fischer in a little village in the Erzgebirge named Drebach
- Precision engineering, durability and solid craftsmanship are the hallmarks of an authentic Fischer product
- Fischer is a proud producer of precision instruments designed to measure the weather and climate, such as barometers, hygrometers, thermometers, maritime clocks, and thermometers
- All FISCHER branded products are exclusively manufactured in Germany, with decades of expertise
- Solid, durable and fine quality mechanical instruments are designed to a high level of precision for both on land and at sea
- Genuine FISCHER barometer made in Germany from high quality materials
- Keep an eye on the weather at all times
- Overall diameter: 200mm; Dial diameter: 150mm
- Manufactured with meticulous precision and attention to detail
- Suitable for real-world applications
- Features a white dial with easy-to-read information
- Polished brass bezel
- Bevelled mineral glass lens with an open aperture to view into the instrument
- Set neatly in a mahogany stained and lacquered timber case
- Suitable for a number of nautical themed spaces
- Comes as part of a series with that includes a Nautical Clock & Barometer
- Operates to 3000 feet (900m altitude)
- Full instruction manual
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.