A Traditional Cuckoo Clock Design By TRENKLE
Nothing speaks traditional charm quite like this particular Cuckoo Clock, which is a genuine, high quality hand-carved Black Forest cuckoo clock, produced by artisan clock makers TRENKLE from Simonswald in the Black Forest region of Germany.
Measuring 23cm in height*, this beautiful clock features a bird carving along with an arrangement of leaf foliage adorning the clock’s body, a design commonly featured on many of the early cuckoo clocks and still considered one of the most popular styles of cuckoo clock carvings today. The ornamental leaves around the front of the clock are characteristic of the traditionally carved cuckoo clocks, with this particular clock also featuring three birds - one at the crown of the clock, and the other two on either side of the wooden clock dial. The design of a frame of leaves may also be crowned with a carved deer head, however this particular clock instead features a bird, a very famous and traditional element for cuckoo clocks. The clock is carved out of linden wood and features a simple cuckoo bird, with the overall clock design rounded out by a timber leaf pendulum.
The in-built cuckoo of this beautiful clock calls the time each hour through a door that opens, with a permanent automatic night-time shut-off that is controlled by a light sensor. When the room is dark enough, the cuckoo will no longer sound allowing you a sound sleep, before recommencing as the room lights up again the next morning. There is also a manual override to silence the cuckoo altogether should that be preferred.
This cuckoo clock comes with an option of 12 different melodies that rotate each hour including:
- Music Box Dancer
- Muss I Denn Zum (Wooden Heart)
- Lara's Theme - Dr Zhivago
- Mühle im Schwarzwald (Black Forest Mill)
- Ich weiss nicht, was soll es bedeuten (The Lorelei)
- Oh My Papa
- Fröhlicher Wanderer (Happy Wanderer)
- Que Sera
- Für Elise (Pour Elise)
This beautifully designed clock by TRENKLE is a charming timepiece, suitable for those looking for a quality traditional battery cuckoo clock using carving methods that have been practised for hundreds of years.
Benefits of a Quartz Battery Operated Cuckoo Clock
Quartz cuckoo clocks operate differently to mechanical cuckoo clocks. Quartz simply means the clock movement is battery operated. One benefit of a quartz operated cuckoo clock is that they are easier to manage and more hands off than a traditional mechanical cuckoo clock, as they do not require to be wound, and often feature ornamental or decorative weights and chains.
Quartz cuckoo clocks are available with or without music; the models that come with music play 12 different tunes that alternate each hour. Some models feature the sound of a real cuckoo bird in a forest environment.
Most quartz cuckoo clocks feature a light sensor for automatic night shut off to automatically mute any sound when the room gets dark.
Quality Black Forest Craftsmanship
- This genuine cuckoo clock is hand carved in the Black Forest region of Germany by artisan clock makers Trenkle.
- For over a half of a century, the Trenkle Uhren GmbH company has been carrying on the clock production tradition.
- Trenkle Black Forest clocks are a wonderful example of quality, careful workmanship and a love for detail. Their clocks are produced using a combination of creative handwork and the newest technology
- Trenkle Uhren's creative ideas are expressed in their ever changing models which add to the extensive range already available, which can be browsed both in store and online at the Clock Shop
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with the number one option for consistent quality timepieces. Don’t believe us? Check out our company reviews!
If you’re looking to purchase an authentic German cuckoo clock in Australia, then we offer a large range of quality timepieces that add a German inspired atmosphere to your home.
When you purchase a cuckoo clock from the Clock Shop you will be guaranteed a product that is authentic in origin, sourced directly from Germany, and crafted of the highest quality. These beautiful and unique hand carved clocks date back to the early 18th century and are still manufactured in the Black Forest region of Germany today.
- Genuine hand-carved battery cuckoo clock by TRENKLE
- Traditional 5 leaf and bird carvings
- Carved out of linden wood
- Beautiful leaf foliage adorns clock body
- Features three birds - one at the crown and the other two positioned on either side of the wooden clock dial
- Cuckoo calls the time each hour through a door that opens
- Night shut off mode
- Rotates through 12 different melodies
- High quality battery quartz movement that accurately holds the time
- Requires 3 x C Alkaline batteries
- Measures 23cm in height*
- Decorative display weights
- Hand carved in the Black Forest region of Germany
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
*The measurements of the clock do not include the height of the weights or pendulum.