A Traditional Beer House Scene
This pleasing Battery Chalet Cuckoo Clock represents a genuine, high quality hand-crafted Black Forest cuckoo clock, produced by artisan clock makers TRENKLE from Simonswald in the Black Forest region of Germany.
Measuring 26cm in height*, this beautiful clock portrays a delightful scene in the bavarian countryside, featuring a multi level chalet style beer house (Bierschanke) with a timber facade. Out the front of the chalet and to the right is a man playing an alphorn, which is a traditional long horn tool used by shepherds and villagers in Germany and Switzerland for a variety of purporses including to call cows in from pastures and into the barn, as well as for village meetings. To the left of the chalet is a beer drinker and an accordion player sitting at a table whilst a beer maid is carrying out more beers. In addition to these features includes a water wheel and a wooden clock dial, and a large amount of handpainted detail. If you look carefully, you will notice two yellow Edelweiss flowers on the chalet, a flower which is unique to the Alps of Germany, Austria and Switzerland. It's name means Noble White, and it represents strength because it survives the harshest winters at very high altitudes.
Chalet style cuckoo clocks are the most famous and common type of cuckoo clock, and are often featured in the shape of alpine houses. They usually feature carvings that represent life in the mountain regions of Europe (mainly around Southern Germany, The Black Forest, Switzerland and Austria). Chalet style cuckoo clocks can range from simple arrangements of carved features to very detailed scenes with many moving parts (known as automaton). This clock features both hand crafted and hand carved details to provide a truly unique timepiece that is sure to spark a sense of joy. The automaton for this particular clock include the beer maid, and the water wheel which moves when the music plays.
The in-built cuckoo of this beautiful clock calls the time each hour, with a permanent automatic night-time shut-off that is controlled by a light sensor. When the room is dark enough, the cuckoo will no longer sound allowing you a sound sleep, before recommencing as the room lights up again the next morning. There is also a manual override to silence the cuckoo altogether should that be preferred.
This cuckoo clock comes with an option of 12 different melodies that rotate each hour including:
- Music Box Dancer
- Muss I Denn Zum (Wooden Heart)
- Lara's Theme - Dr Zhivago
- Mühle im Schwarzwald (Black Forest Mill)
- Ich weiss nicht, was soll es bedeuten (The Lorelei)
- Oh My Papa
- Fröhlicher Wanderer (Happy Wanderer)
- Que Sera
- Für Elise (Pour Elise)
Benefits of a Quartz Battery Operated Cuckoo Clock
Quartz cuckoo clocks operate differently to mechanical cuckoo clocks. Quartz simply means the clock movement is battery operated. One benefit of a quartz operated cuckoo clock is that they are easier to manage and more hands off than a traditional mechanical cuckoo clock, as they do not require to be wound, and often feature ornamental or decorative weights and chains.
Quartz cuckoo clocks are available with or without music; the models that come with music play 12 different tunes that alternate each hour. Some models feature the sound of a real cuckoo bird in a forest environment.
Most quartz cuckoo clocks feature a light sensor for automatic night shut off to automatically mute any sound when the room gets dark.
Quality Black Forest Craftsmanship
- This genuine cuckoo clock is hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany by artisan clock makers Trenkle.
- For over a half of a century, the Trenkle Uhren GmbH company has been carrying on the clock production tradition.
- Trenkle Black Forest clocks are a wonderful example of quality, careful workmanship and a love for detail. Their clocks are produced using a combination of creative handwork and the newest technology
- Trenkle Uhren's creative ideas are expressed in their ever changing models which add to the extensive range already available, which can be browsed both in store and online at the Clock Shop
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with the number one option for consistent quality timepieces. Don’t believe us? Check out our company reviews!
If you’re looking to purchase an authentic German cuckoo clock in Australia, then we offer a large range of quality timepieces that add a German inspired atmosphere to your home.
When you purchase a cuckoo clock from the Clock Shop you will be guaranteed a product that is authentic in origin, sourced directly from Germany, and crafted of the highest quality. These beautiful and unique hand carved clocks date back to the early 18th century and are still manufactured in the Black Forest region of Germany today.
- Genuine hand-crafted battery cuckoo clock by TRENKLE
- Traditional alpine chalet in the mountain regions of Southern Germany represented as a beer house
- Beer maid and water wheel turns to the music
- Features an alphorn player- a traditional shepherd instrument to Germany and Switzerland
- Wooden clock dial & timber pendulum
- Cuckoo calls the time each hour
- Night shut off mode
- Rotates through 12 different melodies
- High quality pendulum battery quartz movement that accurately holds the time
- Requires 3 x C Alkaline batteries
- Measures 26cm in height*
- Hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
*The measurements of the clock do not include the height of the weights or pendulum.