A Well Loved Traditional Hunting Scene By TRENKLE
This traditional Before The Hunt Battery Carved Cuckoo Clock represents a fine example of a genuine, high quality hand carved Black Forest cuckoo clock, produced by artisan clock makers TRENKLE from Simonswald in the Black Forest region of Germany.
This beautifully hand-carved clock celebrates the festivity of the Black Forest where it was carved. All hand carved, the features are very detailed. At the crown of the clock, a carved stag head is featured, overlooking the traditional hunting scene as depicted below it, with features such as a rabbit and a pheasant on either side of the clock dial, a powder bag at the base of the clock as well as a horn that surrounds the dial. Beautiful oak foliage also adorns the clock, forming another very traditional element to this clock design. Rounding out the design of this clock are handpainted dancers on a balcony above the clock dial who twirl elegantly to a different song every hour, rounding out this fantastic and traditional hunting scene.
The in-built cuckoo of this beautiful clock calls the time each hour, with a permanent automatic night-time shut-off that is controlled by a light sensor. When the room is dark enough, the cuckoo will no longer sound allowing you a sound sleep, before recommencing as the room lights up again the next morning. There is also a manual override to silence the cuckoo altogether should that be preferred.
This cuckoo clock comes with an option of 12 different melodies that rotate each hour including:
- Music Box Dancer
- Muss I Denn Zum (Wooden Heart)
- Lara's Theme - Dr Zhivago
- Mühle im Schwarzwald (Black Forest Mill)
- Ich weiss nicht, was soll es bedeuten (The Lorelei)
- Oh My Papa
- Fröhlicher Wanderer (Happy Wanderer)
- Que Sera
- Für Elise (Pour Elise)
Benefits of a Quartz Battery Operated Cuckoo Clock
Quartz cuckoo clocks operate differently to mechanical cuckoo clocks. Quartz simply means the clock movement is battery operated. One benefit of a quartz operated cuckoo clock is that they are easier to manage and more hands off than a traditional mechanical cuckoo clock, as they do not require to be wound, and often feature ornamental or decorative weights and chains.
Quartz cuckoo clocks are available with or without music; the models that come with music play 12 different tunes that alternate each hour. Some models feature the sound of a real cuckoo bird in a forest environment.
Most quartz cuckoo clocks feature a light sensor for automatic night shut off to automatically mute any sound when the room gets dark.
Quality Black Forest Craftsmanship
- This genuine cuckoo clock is hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany by artisan clock makers Trenkle.
- For over a half of a century, the Trenkle Uhren GmbH company has been carrying on the clock production tradition.
- Trenkle Black Forest clocks are a wonderful example of quality, careful workmanship and a love for detail. Their clocks are produced using a combination of creative handwork and the newest technology
- Trenkle Uhren's creative ideas are expressed in their ever changing models which add to the extensive range already available, which can be browsed both in store and online at the Clock Shop
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with the number one option for consistent quality timepieces. Don’t believe us? Check out our company reviews!
If you’re looking to purchase an authentic German cuckoo clock in Australia, then we offer a large range of quality timepieces that add a German inspired atmosphere to your home.
When you purchase a cuckoo clock from the Clock Shop you will be guaranteed a product that is authentic in origin, sourced directly from Germany, and crafted of the highest quality. These beautiful and unique hand carved clocks date back to the early 18th century and are still manufactured in the Black Forest region of Germany today.
- Genuine hand-crafted battery cuckoo clock by TRENKLE
- Traditional hunting scene, with a stag head at the crown of the clock
- Rabbit and a pheasant on either side of the clock dial
- Powder bag at base of the clock, with a horn around the wooden clock dial
- Hand-painted dancers situated on a balcony above the clock dial
- Dancers twirl on the hour to music
- Cuckoo calls the time each hour
- Night shut off mode
- Rotates through 12 different melodies
- High quality pendulum battery quartz movement that accurately holds the time
- Requires 3 x C Alkaline batteries
- Measures 44cm in height*
- Hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
*The measurements of the clock do not include the height of the weights or pendulum.