A Traditional Chalet Cuckoo Clock
This delightful chalet Cuckoo Clock is a genuine, high quality hand-crafted Black Forest cuckoo clock, produced by artisan clock makers TRENKLE from Simonswald in the Black Forest region of Germany.
Measuring 29cm in height*, this beautiful clock portrays a delightful scene in the bavarian countryside, featuring a multi level timber chalet with a unique timber facade and shingled red roof. Out the front of the chalet is a man standing next to a barrel drinking a beer, with additional barrels to the right of the chalet. Additional features include to these features include a water trough, a water wheel and some pine trees outside the chalet. This fascinating scene also includes a wooden clock dial in the centre of the chalet, and hand painted details including window shutters and flowers in the windowsill. One striking feature of this particular clock is the depiction of two handpainted Edelweiss Flowers on the chalet. This white star shaped flower is unique to the alps, mainly of Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Its name means 'Noble White' and represents strength, toughness, bravery and courage. This is because the flower survives the harshest winters at very high altitudes. Rounding out this unique clock is a timber pendulum that hangs below the clock itself along with the weights that are hand carved, whilst colourful dancers are situated on a balcony above the clock dial.
Chalet style cuckoo clocks are the most famous and common type of cuckoo clock, and are often featured in the shape of alpine houses. They usually feature carvings that represent life in the mountain regions of Europe (mainly around Southern Germany, The Black Forest, Switzerland and Austria). Chalet style cuckoo clocks can range from simple arrangements of carved features to very detailed scenes with many moving parts (known as automaton). The particular automaton for this clock include the beer drinker, the waterwheel, and the dancers who move when the music plays.
The in-built cuckoo of this clock calls the time each hour, with a permanent automatic night shut off that is controlled by a light sensor. When the room is dark enough the cuckoo will no longer sound, allowing you a sound sleep before recommencing as the room lights up again the next morning.
This cuckoo clock comes with an option of 12 different melodies that rotate each hour including:
- Music Box Dancer
- Muss I Denn Zum (Wooden Heart)
- Lara's Theme - Dr Zhivago
- Mühle im Schwarzwald (Black Forest Mill)
- Ich weiss nicht, was soll es bedeuten (The Lorelei)
- Oh My Papa
- Fröhlicher Wanderer (Happy Wanderer)
- Que Sera
- Für Elise (Pour Elise)
This delightful timepiece by TRENKLE is suitable for those looking for a quality cuckoo clock using methods that have been practised for hundreds of years.
Benefits of a Quartz Battery Operated Cuckoo Clock
Quartz cuckoo clocks operate differently to mechanical cuckoo clocks. Quartz simply means the clock movement is battery operated. One benefit of a quartz operated cuckoo clock is that they are easier to manage and more hands off than a traditional mechanical cuckoo clock, as they do not require to be wound, and often feature ornamental or decorative weights and chains.
Quartz cuckoo clocks are available with or without music; the models that come with music play 12 different tunes that alternate each hour. Some models feature the sound of a real cuckoo bird in a forest environment.
Most quartz cuckoo clocks feature a light sensor for automatic night shut off to automatically mute any sound when the room gets dark.
Quality Black Forest Craftsmanship
- This genuine cuckoo clock is hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany by artisan clock makers Trenkle.
- For over a half of a century, the Trenkle Uhren GmbH company has been carrying on the clock production tradition.
- Trenkle Black Forest clocks are a wonderful example of quality, careful workmanship and a love for detail. Their clocks are produced using a combination of creative handwork and the newest technology
- Trenkle Uhren's creative ideas are expressed in their ever changing models which add to the extensive range already available, which can be browsed both in store and online at the Clock Shop
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with the number one option for consistent quality timepieces. Don’t believe us? Check out our company reviews!
If you’re looking to purchase an authentic battery German cuckoo clock in Australia, then we offer a large range of quality timepieces that add a playful German inspired atmosphere to your home.
When you purchase a battery cuckoo clock from the Clock Shop you will be guaranteed a product that is authentic in origin, sourced directly from Germany, and crafted of the highest quality. These beautiful and unique hand crafted clocks date back to the early 18th century and are still manufactured in the Black Forest region of Germany today. When you purchase any cuckoo clock from the Clock Shop we will guarantee:
- 2 year warranty on all cuckoo clock purchases
- Top quality customer service with fast response times
- Fast and secure delivery to anywhere in Australia
- A 100% happiness guarantee policy with easy returns
- Genuine hand-crafted battery operated cuckoo clock by TRENKLE
- Traditional multi-level chalet in the bavarian countryside
- Features a man standing next to a barrel drinking a beer
- Other features include additional barrels, some trees, a water trough and a water wheel
- Hand painted features including window shutters and flowers in the windowsill
- Two Edelweiss flowers on the chalet
- Colourful dancers on a balcony above the clock dial
- Wooden clock dial & pendulum
- Cuckoo calls the time each hour
- Automatic night shut off with light sensor
- Rotates through 12 different melodies once each hour
- Beer drinker, water wheel & dancers move when the music plays
- Measures 29cm in height*
- High quality pendulum battery quartz movement that accurately holds the time
- Requires 3 x C Alkaline batteries
- Hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany
- 2 year warranty
- Free delivery on orders over $400 Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
*The measurements of the clock do not include the height of the weights or the pendulum.