High precision and elegance are two terms that come to mind with this high quality floor clock, designed by world renowned clock makers HERMLE from the Black Forest in Germany, where the company was established in 1922.
Measuring 186cm in height, this exquisite longcase clock features an elegant black hand polished case, and an impressive round modern dial with contrasting neat numerals and hands. At the front of the clock is a large bevelled glass panel, with another two smaller glass panels on the sides that allows high visibility into the impressive inner features including the clock movement, dial, polished weights and pendulum. For the highest accuracy, the clock uses a carbon pendulum stick with a famous "Huygen´scher Läufer", named after its inventor Huygens, and is attached to the pendulum rod in precision clocks. This is used in combination with a double cylinder pendulum. The true seconds indication is managed by a 60 step wheel, whilst the running of the clock is indicated by a separate hand on the dial.
In addition, this clock features a hand polished nickel plated bezel, solid graham anchors with ruby pallets, and ruby and precision ball bearings for greater accuracy and longevity. There are 6 ball bearings in the gear system, with 2 ruby bushings used for the third wheel, escape wheel and anchor. Anchor settings can be done with a precision screw on the pendulum stick. This exquisite clock features a high quality month-long running mechanism, meaning the clock only needs to be wound once every month, and it does not chime, offering a perfect solution for those who prefer a silent clock. The power reserve during winding keeps constant power to the movement to allow for the highest accuracy.
The overall design of this precision timepiece represents a perfect blend of high technology with elegance. Its timeless modern design showcases upscale ambience.
Traditionally, grandfather clocks have not changed much over the centuries and to this day they still represent the amazing craftsmanship of both clock making and carpentry, keeping in style with a passage of time that is still well loved in today’s society. These timeless designs serve as generational keepsakes, having existed for over 400 years already, and are commonly also referred to as ‘Longcase Clocks’, ‘Floor Clocks’, or ‘Tall-Case Clocks’.
At HERMLE, Quality Is Paramount
- HERMLE is a company that originated in Germany in 1922, and today has been run by 4 generations.
- With 100 years of experience in clock making, the production of HERMLE's timeless masterpieces are created with 100% precision, attention to detail and quality.
- HERMLE grandfather clocks are reliable, precise, aesthetically pleasing and are made from the finest high-quality materials.
- When you buy a HERMLE clock you are buying a guaranteed top quality timepiece that is sure to last a lifetime.
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with an option for consistent quality timepieces. This elegant Grandfather Clock by HERMLE has been imported from Germany, guaranteeing an item of quality and precision. When you purchase a grandfather clock from the Clock Shop we will guarantee:
- 2 year warranty on all grandfather clock purchases
- Top quality customer service with fast response times
- Fast and secure delivery to anywhere in Australia
- A 100% happiness guarantee policy with easy returns
- Genuine hand-crafted longcase floor clock by world class clock manufacturers HERMLE in the Black Forest
- Measures 186cm x 37cm x 22cm
- High precision timepiece
- Elegant black finished case that has been hand polished
- Impressive round modern dial with contrasting neat numerals and hands
- Large bevelled glass panel both front and sides to allow high visibility into the impressive inner features
- Inner features include the clock movement, dial, polished weights and pendulum
- For the highest accuracy, the clock uses a carbon pendulum stick with a famous "Huygen´scher Läufer"
- Double cylinder pendulum
- True seconds indication is managed by a 60 step wheel
- Running of the clock is indicated by a separate hand on the dial
- Hand polished nickel plated bezel
- Solid graham anchors with ruby pallets
- Ruby and precision ball bearings for greater accuracy and longevity
- Anchor settings can be done with a precision screw on the pendulum stick
- Features a high quality month-long running mechanism
- Only requires winding once every month
- A silent clock that does not chime
- Power reserve during winding keeps constant power to the movement to allow for the highest accuracy
- Overall design represents a perfect blend of high technology with elegance
- Timeless modern design represents a masterpiece for upscale ambience
- Fast and safe delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
All Grandfather Clocks require specialised carriers and as such, shipping costs are quoted based on the destination. All consignments are insured for complete customer satisfaction. Shipping costs generally range from $150 to $500.
This clock is backed by a minimum 2 year manufacturer’s warranty that is serviceable through the Clock Shop. All service and warranty work is handled in-house, through our physical shop in Montville, Australia. We stand behind our products and are just a phone call or an email away! For international customers outside of Australia there is additional access to world-wide service stations.
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
Learn more about Grandfather Clocks via our blog here!
|Mechanism||Mechanical 30 Day Key Wind|
|Clock Sound||No Sound|
2 Year Warranty
Free pick-up in store - $0.00
Free pick-up from Clock Shop, 194 Main Street, Montville 4560. Mon - Sat 10am - 4:30pm, Sun 1pm - 4:30pm