A Cuckoo Clock Depicting A Swiss Story From 1880
This charming Battery Chalet Cuckoo Clock was designed by world renowned clock makers ENGSTLER from the Black Forest in Germany. Measuring a quaint 19cm in height*, this enchanting chalet style cuckoo clock portrays the story of Heidi & Peter as detailed below:
The classic story of Heidi is well loved and known throughout Switzerland, where the story originated in 1880. In this story Heidi, a little orphan mountain girl learns about life whilst sent to live with her grandfather at his mountain home in the Swiss Alps. In this story, Heidi makes a new friend named Klara, who is ill and spends most of her time confined to a wheelchair. Meanwhile, Heidi's other friend, Peter who is the shepherd for Heidi's grandfather and who has spent a lot of time with Heidi, becomes jealous of Klara and her friendship with Heidi, and so he gets rid of Klaras wheelchair to try and send her away, in a bid to spend more time with Heidi for himself. After a large storm ravages their little village, Klara is so determined to help, and in doing so she realises she no longer needs the wheelchair after all. This new-found discovery sparks a big celebration in the stricken village.
Chalet style cuckoo clocks are the most famous and common type of cuckoo clock, and are often featured in the shape of alpine houses. They usually feature carvings that represent life in the mountain regions of Europe (mainly around Southern Germany, The Black Forest, Switzerland and Austria). This particular clock features a lot of detail out the front of the chalet including Heidi who is standing on a pedestal to the left of the chalet with a couple of goats, whilst Heidi's grandfather is featured in front of the chalet itself, alongside a dog, a bird, a bench seat and a large carved tree. The pedestal with Heidi and the goats will turn continuously with the seconds of the clock, a feature known as automaton (moving elements).
This fascinating scene also includes a wooden clock dial in the centre of the chalet, and a large amount of hand painted details including window shutters and flowers in the windowsills. Rounding out this unique clock is a timber pendulum that hangs below the clock dial itself, alongside the weights. The in-built cuckoo of this beautiful clock calls the time each hour, with an automatic night-time shut-off that is controlled by a light sensor. When the room is dark enough, the cuckoo will no longer sound allowing you a sound sleep, before recommencing as the room lights up again the next morning. This cuckoo clock comes with an option of 12 different melodies that rotate each hour including:
- Cuckoo waltz
- Bavarian country trader
- Mill in the Black Forest
- Wood chopper
- Happy hiker
- Drink, brother, drink
- There is a Hofbräuhaus in Munich
- For Elise
- Home sweet home
- Salut d'amour
This beautifully designed clock by ENGSTLER is a charming timepiece, suitable for those looking for a quartz battery cuckoo clock that is reliable and very precise at keeping time, whilst keeping in design features using carving methods that have been practised for hundreds of years.
Benefits of a Quartz Battery Operated Cuckoo Clock
- Quartz cuckoo clocks operate differently to mechanical cuckoo clocks. Quartz simply means the clock movement is battery operated. One benefit of a quartz operated cuckoo clock is that they are easier to manage and more hands off than a traditional mechanical cuckoo clock, as they do not require to be wound, and often feature ornamental or decorative weights and chains
- Quartz cuckoo clocks are available with or without music; the models that come with music play 12 different tunes that alternate each hour. Some models feature the sound of a real cuckoo bird in a forest environment
- Most quartz cuckoo clocks feature a light sensor for automatic night shut off to automatically mute any sound when the room gets dark
Hand Crafted in the Black Forest, Germany
- This genuine cuckoo clock is hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany by artisan clock makers ENGSTLER
- ENGSTLER Black Forest clocks are a wonderful example of quality, careful workmanship and a love for detail
- The name ENGSTLER stands for a flexible family enterprise which has been led with modern ideas for generations
- By linking tradition and innovative technology, ENGSTLER are able to present not only mechanical cuckoo clocks, but also the latest development of quartz cuckoo clocks to the world.
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with the number one option for consistent quality timepieces. Don’t believe us? Check out our company reviews!
If you’re looking to purchase an authentic battery German cuckoo clock in Australia, then we offer a large range of quality timepieces that add a playful German inspired atmosphere to your home.
When you purchase a battery cuckoo clock from us, you will be guaranteed a product that is authentic in origin, sourced directly from Germany, and crafted of the highest quality. These beautiful and unique hand carved clocks date back to the early 18th century and are still manufactured in the Black Forest region of Germany today. When you purchase any cuckoo clock from the Clock Shop we will guarantee:
- 2 year warranty on all cuckoo clock purchases
- Top quality customer service with fast response times
- Fast and secure delivery to anywhere in Australia
- A 100% happiness guarantee
- Genuine hand-crafted battery operated chalet cuckoo clock by ENGSTLER
- Charming countryside chalet scene with a large amount of fine details
- Depicting the famous Swiss Heidi story from 1880
- Features Heidi and a couple of goats on a pedestal that rotates continuously with the seconds of the clock
- Also features Heidi's grandfather, a dog, a bird, a bench seat and a large carved tree
- Wooden clock dial
- Large amount of hand painted details including window shutters and flowers in the windowsills
- Timber pendulum that hangs below the clock dial itself, alongside the weights
- In-built cuckoo of this beautiful clock calls the time each hour
- Automatic night-time shut-off that is controlled by a light sensor
- Cuckoo calls the time each hour
- Rotates through 12 different melodies on the hour
- Measures 19cm in height*
- High quality pendulum battery quartz movement that accurately holds the time
- Hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
*The measurements of the clock do not include the height of the weights or pendulum.
|Model #||4243 QMT|
|Clock Sound||Cuckoo Only|
|Clock Sound||Cuckoo & Music|
|Automaton (Moving Parts)||Dancers|
|Batteries Required||3 x C Alkaline Batteries|
Express Shipping - Quoted (NOT FREE Read notes*) - $0.00
EXPRESS SHIPPING IS NOT FREE: Express Shipping is quoted once the order has been submitted. You can choose to pay for the product/s now and pay the shipping cost after the quote has been issued. Alternatively, please use the Shipping Quote payment option at checkout to defer any payment until the shipping quote has been received.
Standard Shipping - $40.00
Take advantage of our great shipping rates including FREE delivery for all orders over $400. Please note, while PO box deliveries are possible, we don't recommend this for large and/or fragile items. We use the most suitable carrier based on the item/s ordered and the delivery location.
Free pick-up in store - $0.00
Free pick-up from Clock Shop, 194 Main Street, Montville 4560. Mon - Sat 9:30am - 5:00pm, Sun 12:30pm - 5:00pm
Take advantage of our great shipping rates that includes FREE delivery for all orders over $400*. (*excluding Grandfather Clocks - specialised carriers and insurance is required for all Grandfather Clock deliveries). Read MoreReturns
All purchases from Clock Shop also come with out Happiness Guarantee policy - We will happily exchange or refund any product that you are not 100% happy with. To request an exchange or refund, simply contact us within 7 days from the date your item/s arrived. All of our products are quality checked before they are shipped out. If you receive a faulty item from us upon delivery, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org