A Swinging Doll Clock Design
Great things come in small packages, and this unique carved kuckulino that measures 18cm in height* is no exception. Produced by artisan clock makers TRENKLE from Simonswald in the Black Forest region of Germany, this clock features a bird carving at the crown of the clock, along with an arrangement of ornamental leaves adorning the clocks body, a very famous and traditional clock design. A girl in traditional Black Forest attire (Dirndl) sits on a swing that swings side to side, acting as the pendulum, alongside decorative display weights. Perhaps the most unique feature of this clock is the addition of a small couple on a seesaw above the clock dial, that swings back and forth, providing a visual delight. This timepiece is powered by a high quality quartz movement that is accurate at keeping time. It is recommended to change the batteries annually to ensure longevity of your clock mechanism.
This clock comes with an option of 12 different melodies that rotate each hour including:
- Music Box Dancer
- Muss I Denn Zum (Wooden Heart)
- Lara's Theme - Dr Zhivago
- Mühle im Schwarzwald (Black Forest Mill)
- Ich weiss nicht, was soll es bedeuten (The Lorelei)
- Oh My Papa
- Fröhlicher Wanderer (Happy Wanderer)
- Que Sera
- Für Elise (Pour Elise)
This kuckulino comes with a three way switch. It can either -
A. Cuckoo the time on the Hour
B. Play 12 different tunes which alternates each hour
C. Switch off completely
Please note that this clock does not feature a cuckoo bird.
What is a Kuckulino Clock?
A kuckulino clock is a small timepiece produced in the Black Forest, featuring carved and chalet designs, along with the traditional swinging doll style. Quaint in size, kuckulino clocks make the cuckoo call each hour, however they do not feature a cuckoo bird popping out, in contrast to a traditional cuckoo clock. Using the three way switch on most kuckulinos, you can alternate between three options- a quiet cuckoo call; alternating through a different melody each hour; or no sound at all. Some kuckulinos do not feature music or a cuckoo call, and instead are purely timepieces. Available at an affordable price point, these delightful mini cuckoo clocks make fantastic gift ideas for adults and children alike, as they add a hint of character to any room in your chosen space. If you are looking for a clock that features a cuckoo bird popping out, check out our entire cuckoo clock range here.
Quality Black Forest Craftsmanship
- This genuine clock is hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany by artisan clock makers Trenkle.
- For over a half of a century, the Trenkle Uhren GmbH company has been carrying on the clock production tradition.
- Trenkle Black Forest clocks are a wonderful example of quality, careful workmanship and a love for detail. Their clocks are produced using a combination of creative handiwork and the newest technology
- Trenkle Uhren's creative ideas are expressed in their ever changing models which add to the extensive range already available, which can be browsed both in store and online at the Clock Shop
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with the number one option for consistent quality timepieces. Don’t believe us? Check out our company reviews!
We offer a large range of quality timepieces that add a German inspired atmosphere to your home. When you purchase a clock from us, you will be guaranteed a product that is authentic in origin, sourced directly from Germany, and crafted of the highest quality.
- Genuine hand-carved kuckulino clock by Trenkle Uhren
- Measures 18cm* x 14cm x 8cm
- Design is modelled off a famous cuckoo clock design - 5 Leaf & Bird
- Ornamental leaves surround a wooden clock dial
- Small couple on a seesaw sit above the clock dial swinging back and forth
- Girl on swing dressed in Black Forest attire acts as the pendulum
- Girl swings side to side
- Does not feature a cuckoo bird
- Option of 12 different melodies that rotate each hour
- Features a 3 way switch - cuckoo the time each hour; rotate through 12 different melodies; switch sound off completely
- Decorative display weights
- Powered by a high quality quartz movement that is accurate at keeping time
- Requires 2 x AA alkaline batteries
- Hand carved & crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
*Please note, the height of the clock does not include the pendulum (swinging doll).