Two Weather Instruments In One
This Thermometer & Hair Hygrometer is 100% made in Germany by world-renowned experts Fischer, and features a stylish yet functional design. This weather instrument has been manufactured with meticulous precision and attention to detail, using robust and high-quality materials that make it not only appealing in looks, but also suitable for real-world applications.
Measuring 103mm in diameter, this device features a brass dial with easy to read measuring ranges, protected by a mineral glass lens and a bezel made from diamond polished brass. Its excellent design allows you to keep an eye on the temperature and the humidity in one.
How Does a Hair Hygrometer Work?
A hygrometer allows you to measure the humidity in %. A hygrometer works with either a synthetic fibre or a real hair as the measuring element, which either expands or contracts as it absorbs moisture. As it absorbs moisture, the hair moves the needle via a fine mechanism. Thanks to a special treatment of the hair, the hygrometer reacts to any change in humidity with almost no inertia.
Hair hygrometers are more accurate over certain temperature range but require variation in humidity for the hair to stay responsive. They are best suited for outdoor measurements and areas of high humidity. The specially treated human hair in this hygrometer is insensitive to temperature (-35°C to +65°C), and responds quickly to changes in humidity.
Measurements: 103mm in diameter
Measuring accuracy hygrometer: ± 3% RH (within the range from 20% to 100%), + 1 scale division
Measuring range humidity: 0% to 100%
Fischer | Clocks & Weather Instruments | Precision Engineering
- Fischer are a German based company founded in 1945 by aircraft engineer Kurt Fischer in a little village in the Erzgebirge named Drebach
- Precision engineering, durability and solid craftsmanship are the hallmarks of an authentic Fischer product
- Fischer is a proud producer of precision instruments designed to measure the weather and climate, such as barometers, hygrometers, thermometers, maritime clocks, and thermometers
- All FISCHER branded products are exclusively manufactured in Germany, with decades of expertise
- Solid, durable and fine quality mechanical instruments are designed to a high level of precision for both on land and at sea
- Genuine FISCHER thermometer & hair hygrometer combination
- 100% made in Germany by world-renowned experts Fischer
- Manufactured with meticulous precision and attention to detail
- Suitable for real-world applications
- Features a dial with easy to read measuring ranges
- Mineral glass lens
- Diamond polished brass housing
- Highly precise readings
- Best suited for outdoor measurements and areas of high humidity
- Specially treated human hair is insensitive to temperature (-35°C to +65°C)
- Responds quickly to changes in humidity
- 103mm in diameter
- Measuring accuracy hygrometer: ± 3% RH (within the range from 20% to 100%), + 1 scale division
- Measuring range humidity: 0% to 100%
- Measuring accuracy thermometer: ± 1 K, + 1 scale division
- Measuring range temperature: -20°C to +40°C
- Contemporary design
- Instruments are made from high quality materials that are built to last a lifetime
- Excellent gift idea that will keep on giving for many years to come
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
|Type||Barometers & Thermometers|
Express Shipping - Quoted (NOT FREE Read notes*) - $0.00
EXPRESS SHIPPING IS NOT FREE: Express Shipping is quoted once the order has been submitted. You can choose to pay for the product/s now and pay the shipping cost after the quote has been issued. Alternatively, please use the Shipping Quote payment option at checkout to defer any payment until the shipping quote has been received.
Standard Shipping - $20.00
Take advantage of our great shipping rates including FREE delivery for all orders over $400. Please note, while PO box deliveries are possible, we don't recommend this for large and/or fragile items. We use the most suitable carrier based on the item/s ordered and the delivery location.
Free pick-up in store - $0.00
Free pick-up from Clock Shop, 194 Main Street, Montville 4560. Mon - Sat 9:30am - 5:00pm, Sun 12:30pm - 5:00pm
Take advantage of our great shipping rates that includes FREE delivery for all orders over $400*. (*excluding Grandfather Clocks - specialised carriers and insurance is required for all Grandfather Clock deliveries). Read MoreReturns
All purchases from Clock Shop also come with our Happiness Guarantee policy - We will happily exchange or refund any product that you are not 100% happy with. To request an exchange or refund, simply contact us within 7 days from the date your item/s arrived. All of our products are quality checked before they are shipped out. If you receive a faulty item from us upon delivery, please contact us immediately at email@example.com