A Colourful German Weather House
This colourful weather house is 100% hand crafted by Trenkle, from Simonswald in the Black Forest region of Germany.
Measuring 9cm in height, this charming chalet style weather house portrays the colourful scene of a chalet in the mountainous woodlands of Germany. Additional features of this lovely scene include a bench seat, and a large green tree out the front of the chalet. Rounding out this delightful weather house is a man and a lady who move depending on the weather. When it is sunny, the lady will appear out the front, whilst the man will appear when it is rainy.
Measurements: 9cm (height) x 12cm (width) x 7cm (depth)
How Do German Weather Houses Work?
A German weather house functions as a hygrometer, measuring the amount of humidity in the surrounding air. Normally, weather houses have two doors side by side. The right hand side features a boy or man, whilst on the left hand side is a girl or woman. When the weather is sunny and dry (low humidity) the female figure comes out of the house, whilst the male hides. When the weather is close to raining and the humidity in the air is higher, the male figure comes out of his door instead, determining the weather for the day. The figurines are placed on a balance bar, and the movement is guided by a piece of material, which is very sensitive to humidity. In order to function properly, the weather house must be placed somewhere exposed to air such as near a window, and away from air conditioning.
German weather houses are often styled and decorated like typical alpine chalets found in the southern regions of Germany, Switzerland and Austria. Clock Shop’s range of traditional German Black Forest weather houses come in a variety of styles and prices to suit every taste.
Quality Black Forest Craftsmanship
- This genuine weather house is handcrafted in the Black Forest region of Germany by Trenkle
- For over a half of a century, the Trenkle Uhren GmbH company has been in production
- Trenkle products are a wonderful example of quality, careful workmanship and a love for detail. Their products are produced using a combination of creative handwork and the newest technology, and are completed fully in-house
- Trenkle Uhren's creative ideas are expressed in their ever changing models which add to the extensive range already available, which can be browsed both in store and online at Clock Shop
- Genuine hand-crafted chalet weather house by Trenkle
- Highly colourful design
- Measurements: 9cm (height) x 12cm (width) x 7cm (depth)
- Bench seat and a large green pine tree out the front of the chalet
- Includes a lady and a man who move depending on the weather
- When it is sunny, the lady will appear, and the man appears when it is rainy
- Hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
- Excellent gift idea that will keep on giving for many years to come
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
|Type||German Weather Houses|
Express Shipping - Quoted (NOT FREE Read notes*) - $0.00
EXPRESS SHIPPING IS NOT FREE: Express Shipping is quoted once the order has been submitted. You can choose to pay for the product/s now and pay the shipping cost after the quote has been issued. Alternatively, please use the Shipping Quote payment option at checkout to defer any payment until the shipping quote has been received.
Standard Shipping - $9.95
Take advantage of our great shipping rates including FREE delivery for all orders over $400. Please note, while PO box deliveries are possible, we don't recommend this for large and/or fragile items. We use the most suitable carrier based on the item/s ordered and the delivery location.
Free pick-up in store - $0.00
Free pick-up from Clock Shop, 194 Main Street, Montville 4560. Mon - Sat 9:30am - 5:00pm, Sun 12:30pm - 5:00pm
Take advantage of our great shipping rates that includes FREE delivery for all orders over $400*. (*excluding Grandfather Clocks - specialised carriers and insurance is required for all Grandfather Clock deliveries). Read MoreReturns
All purchases from Clock Shop also come with our Happiness Guarantee policy - We will happily exchange or refund any product that you are not 100% happy with. To request an exchange or refund, simply contact us within 7 days from the date your item/s arrived. All of our products are quality checked before they are shipped out. If you receive a faulty item from us upon delivery, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org