Perfect For The Bird Lover
Attention to detail is easily apparent with this exquisite 8 Day Mechanical Carved Cuckoo Clock by German designer AUGUST SCHWER, who has been producing high quality cuckoo clocks in the heart of the Black Forest since 1885.
Measuring 62cm in height*, this beautifully hand-carved clock features an extravagant eagle crowning the clock, with its wings fully spanned out, a feature that instantly draws the eye. Two smaller owls are positioned either side of the clock dial looking out, with the entire clock framed by beautiful oak foliage which adorns the clock. The clock also features a wooden clock dial, and a timber pendulum that hangs below the clock itself, along with the weights. All aspects of this clock have been hand carved with high attention to detail.
As this clock runs on an 8 day mechanism, the weights need to be wound once a week. The in-built cuckoo of this clock calls the time each hour and once at half past through a door that opens. There is no music with this clock.
Benefits of a Mechanical Cuckoo Clock
Black Forest mechanical cuckoo clocks are weight driven and are available in two different movements:
- 1 Day Movement - you wind the clock by pulling the chain and winding the weights once a day
- 8 Day Movement - you wind the clock by pulling the chain and winding the weights once a week
Each mechanical cuckoo clock will have either two or three weights; two weights for cuckoo only and three weights for cuckoo and music. One weight runs the clock movement and hands that show the time and the second weight drives the cuckoo calling mechanism. The cuckoo sound is produced using bellows that push air through two whistles creating the 'cook' and 'coo' sounds respectively. If you choose to also have music with your mechanical cuckoo clock, the third weight drives a traditional mechanical music box movement with a pinned cylinder that plucks notes on a 'comb' to produce a melody.
Award Winning Clocks
- The August Schwer clock factory is famous for their award-winning clocks, having won a number of awards over the years including cuckoo clock of the year in 2015
- The company produced their first cuckoo clock in 1737 and today their clocks depict woodland scenery inspired by the unique rural scenery of the Black Forest
- The company remain authentic in their terms of production, using only wood and metal from the Black Forest itself, aside for rare occasions where the material is sourced elsewhere
- The cuckoo clocks produced by August Schwer are produced with a high attention to detail, with delicate and intricate carvings on all of their designs
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with the number one option for consistent quality timepieces. Don’t believe us? Check out our company reviews!
If you’re looking to purchase an authentic German cuckoo clock in Australia, then we offer a large range of quality timepieces that add a German inspired atmosphere to your home.
When you purchase a cuckoo clock from us, you will be guaranteed a product that is authentic in origin, sourced directly from Germany, and crafted of the highest quality. These beautiful and unique hand carved clocks date back to the early 18th century and are still manufactured in the Black Forest region of Germany today.
A Guaranteed Product of Authenticity
The Clock Shop is a member of the “VDS-Verein die Schwarzwalduhr” (= Black Forest clock association), and a certificate of authenticity is included for all clocks with a mechanical movement made in the Black Forest. In order to provide customers with this certificate of authenticity, the product must be produced authentically and exclusively from the Black Forest, and must be working purely mechanically with all of its essential working parts to have also been produced in the Black Forest as well. SCHWER mechanical cuckoo clocks all guarantee the hallmarks of quality, precision and authenticity and as such, come with this certificate. When you purchase a mechanical cuckoo clock from the Clock Shop we will guarantee:
- 2 year warranty on all cuckoo clock purchases
- A VDS Certificate of authenticity
- Top quality customer service with fast response times
- Fast and secure delivery to anywhere in Australia
- A 100% happiness guarantee policy with easy returns
- Genuine hand-carved 8 day mechanical carved cuckoo clock by SCHWER
- Extravagant eagle at the crown of the clock with its wings fully spanned out
- Two owls -one on either side of the clock dial
- Extravagant design which instantly draws the eye to the high attention to detail
- Beautiful oak foliage also adorns the clock
- Weights need to be wound once a week
- In-built cuckoo of this clock calls the time each hour and once at half past through a door that opens
- No music
- Timber pendulum that hangs below the clock itself, along with the weights
- Measures 62cm in height*
- Hand carved in the Black Forest region of Germany
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Free delivery on orders over $400
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
*The measurements of the clock do not include the height of the weights or pendulum.
|Mechanism||Mechanical 8 Day Chain Wind|
|Clock Sound||Cuckoo Only|
2 Year (24 month) Warranty
Standard Shipping - $0.00
Take advantage of our great shipping rates including FREE delivery for all orders over $400. Please note, while PO box deliveries are possible, we don't recommend this for large and/or fragile items. We use the most suitable carrier based on the item/s ordered and the delivery location.
Express Shipping - Read notes* - $0.00
EXPRESS SHIPPING IS NOT FREE: Express Shipping is quoted once the order has been submitted. You can choose to pay for the product/s now and pay the shipping cost after the quote has been issued. Alternatively, please use the Shipping Quote payment option at checkout to defer any payment until the shipping quote has been received.
Free pick-up in store - $0.00
Free pick-up from Clock Shop, 194 Main Street, Montville 4560. Mon - Sat 10am - 4:30pm, Sun 1pm - 4:30pm