A Clock Portraying A Famous Swiss Story From 1880
This delightful Heidi House mini clock represents a genuine, high quality hand-crafted Black Forest clock, produced by artisan clock makers TRENKLE from Simonswald in the Black Forest region of Germany. Measuring a quaint 12cm in height*, this enchanting chalet style clock portrays the famous story of Heidi & Peter as detailed below:
The classic story of Heidi is well loved and known throughout Switzerland, where the story originated in 1880. In this story Heidi, a little orphan mountain girl learns about life whilst sent to live with her grandfather at his mountain home in the Swiss Alps. In this story, Heidi makes a new friend named Klara, who is ill and spends most of her time confined to a wheelchair. Meanwhile, Heidi's other friend, Peter who is the shepherd for Heidi's grandfather and who has spent a lot of time with Heidi, becomes jealous of Klara and her friendship with Heidi, and so he gets rid of Klaras wheelchair to try and send her away, in a bid to spend more time with Heidi for himself. After a large storm ravages their little village, Klara is so determined to help, and in doing so she realises she no longer needs the wheelchair after all. This new-found discovery sparks a big celebration in the stricken village.
Chalet clocks are a common clock design and are often shaped as alpine houses, featuring details that represent life in the mountain regions of Europe (around southern Germany, Switzerland and Austria). This particular clock features Heidi & Peter, a dog & a goat out the front of the chalet. This clock offers a large amount of hand painted details including alpine flowers against the white chalet facade, which instantly draws the eye. All of these features have been hand crafted out of timber and hand painted, with the overall clock design rounded out by a wooden clock dial in the centre of the timber chalet. This timepiece is powered by a high quality quartz movement that is accurate at keeping time. It is recommended to change the batteries annually to ensure longevity of your clock mechanism. Perhaps the most unique feature of this delightful clock is the addition of a swinging doll sitting on a swing below the clock, acting as the pendulum. Dressed in traditional Black Forest attire, the doll swings side to side, providing a visual delight that is sure to entertain all ages.
Please note that this clock is not a cuckoo clock- it does not feature a cuckoo bird, nor a cuckoo call or music. It is a timepiece only.
Quality Black Forest Craftsmanship
- This genuine clock is hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany by artisan clock makers Trenkle.
- For over a half of a century, the Trenkle Uhren GmbH company has been carrying on the clock production tradition.
- Trenkle Black Forest clocks are a wonderful example of quality, careful workmanship and a love for detail. Their clocks are produced using a combination of creative handiwork and the newest technology
- Trenkle Uhren's creative ideas are expressed in their ever changing models which add to the extensive range already available, which can be browsed both in store and online at the Clock Shop
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with the number one option for consistent quality timepieces. Don’t believe us? Check out our company reviews!
We offer a large range of quality timepieces that add a German inspired atmosphere to your home. When you purchase a clock from us, you will be guaranteed a product that is authentic in origin, sourced directly from Germany, and crafted of the highest quality.
- Genuine hand crafted Heidi House clock by Trenkle Uhren
- Measures 12cm in height*
- Portrays the Swiss story of Heidi from 1880
- Popular chalet design
- Features Heidi & Peter, a dog & a goat out the front of the chalet
- Wooden clock dial in the centre of the timber chalet
- White facade with hand painted alpine flowers and windows
- Hand crafted out of timber and hand painted
- Swinging girl in traditional Black Forest attire acts as the pendulum
- Girl swings side to side, providing a visual delight for all ages
- Powered by a high quality quartz movement that is accurate at keeping time
- Does not feature a cuckoo bird, cuckoo call or music
- Timepiece only
- Requires 1 x AA alkaline battery
- Weight: Approx 600 grams
- Hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
*Please note, the height of the clock does not include the pendulum (swinging doll).
|Model #||504 SQ|
|Type||Mini Black Forest Clocks|
|Batteries Required||1 x AA Alkaline Batteries|
Express Shipping - Quoted (NOT FREE Read notes*) - $0.00
EXPRESS SHIPPING IS NOT FREE: Express Shipping is quoted once the order has been submitted. You can choose to pay for the product/s now and pay the shipping cost after the quote has been issued. Alternatively, please use the Shipping Quote payment option at checkout to defer any payment until the shipping quote has been received.
Standard Shipping - $14.95
Take advantage of our great shipping rates including FREE delivery for all orders over $400. Please note, while PO box deliveries are possible, we don't recommend this for large and/or fragile items. We use the most suitable carrier based on the item/s ordered and the delivery location.
Free pick-up in store - $0.00
Free pick-up from Clock Shop, 194 Main Street, Montville 4560. Mon - Sat 9:30am - 5:00pm, Sun 12:30pm - 5:00pm
Take advantage of our great shipping rates that includes FREE delivery for all orders over $400*. (*excluding Grandfather Clocks - specialised carriers and insurance is required for all Grandfather Clock deliveries). Read MoreReturns
All purchases from Clock Shop also come with our Happiness Guarantee policy - We will happily exchange or refund any product that you are not 100% happy with. To request an exchange or refund, simply contact us within 7 days from the date your item/s arrived. All of our products are quality checked before they are shipped out. If you receive a faulty item from us upon delivery, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org