Depicting A Swiss Story From 1880
This traditional Heidi House Battery Chalet Cuckoo Clock With Moving Goats 22cm By TRENKLE represents a fine example of a genuine, high quality hand-crafted Black Forest cuckoo clock, produced by artisan clock makers TRENKLE from Simonswald in the Black Forest region of Germany. This endearing chalet style cuckoo clock portrays the story of Heidi & Peter as detailed below:
The classic story of Heidi is well loved and known throughout Switzerland, where the story originated in 1880. In this story Heidi, a little orphan mountain girl learns about life whilst sent to live with her grandfather at his mountain home in the Swiss Alps. In this story, Heidi makes a new friend named Klara, who is ill and spends most of her time confined to a wheelchair. Meanwhile, Heidi's other friend, Peter who is the shepherd for Heidi's grandfather and who has spent a lot of time with Heidi, becomes jealous of Klara and her friendship with Heidi, and so he gets rid of Klaras wheelchair to try and send her away, in a bid to spend more time with Heidi for himself. After a large storm ravages their little village, Klara is so determined to help, and in doing so she realises she no longer needs the wheelchair after all. This new-found discovery sparks a big celebration in the stricken village.
Chalet cuckoo clocks are the most famous and common type of cuckoo clocks and are often shaped as alpine houses, featuring details that represent life in the mountain regions of Europe (around southern Germany, Switzerland and Austria). Chalet style cuckoo clocks can range from simple arrangements of crafted features to very detailed scenes with many moving parts, commonly referred to as automaton. The particular automaton for this clock include a goat that rotates constantly on the side of the house.
The in-built cuckoo of this sweet clock calls the time each hour, with a permanent automatic night shut off that is controlled by a light sensor. When the room is dark enough the cuckoo will no longer sound, allowing you a sound sleep before recommencing as the room lights up again the next morning. There is also a manual override to silence the cuckoo altogether should that be preferred.
This cuckoo clock comes with an option of 12 different melodies that rotate each hour including:
- Music Box Dancer
- Muss I Denn Zum (Wooden Heart)
- Lara's Theme - Dr Zhivago
- Mühle im Schwarzwald (Black Forest Mill)
- Ich weiss nicht, was soll es bedeuten (The Lorelei)
- Oh My Papa
- Fröhlicher Wanderer (Happy Wanderer)
- Que Sera
- Für Elise (Pour Elise)
Whilst quaint in size, this delightful timepiece by TRENKLE is suitable for those looking for a quality cuckoo clock using methods that have been practised for hundreds of years. This clock would be well suited for a childs bedroom.
Benefits of a Quartz Battery Operated Cuckoo Clock
Quartz cuckoo clocks operate differently to mechanical cuckoo clocks. Quartz simply means the clock movement is battery operated. One benefit of a quartz operated cuckoo clock is that they are easier to manage and more hands off than a traditional mechanical cuckoo clock, as they do not require to be wound, and often feature ornamental or decorative weights and chains.
Quartz cuckoo clocks are available with or without music; the models that come with music play 12 different tunes that alternate each hour. Some models feature the sound of a real cuckoo bird in a forest environment.
Most quartz cuckoo clocks feature a light sensor for automatic night shut off to automatically mute any sound when the room gets dark.
Quality Black Forest Craftsmanship
- This genuine cuckoo clock is hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany by artisan clock makers Trenkle.
- For over a half of a century, the Trenkle Uhren GmbH company has been carrying on the clock production tradition.
- Trenkle Black Forest clocks are a wonderful example of quality, careful workmanship and a love for detail. Their clocks are produced using a combination of creative handwork and the newest technology
- Trenkle Uhren's creative ideas are expressed in their ever changing models which add to the extensive range already available, which can be browsed both in store and online at the Clock Shop
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with the number one option for consistent quality timepieces. Don’t believe us? Check out our company reviews!
If you’re looking to purchase an authentic battery German cuckoo clock in Australia, then we offer a large range of quality timepieces that add a playful German inspired atmosphere to your home.
When you purchase a battery cuckoo clock from the Clock Shop you will be guaranteed a product that is authentic in origin, sourced directly from Germany, and crafted of the highest quality. These beautiful and unique hand crafted clocks date back to the early 18th century and are still manufactured in the Black Forest region of Germany today. When you purchase any cuckoo clock from the Clock Shop we will guarantee:
- 2 year warranty on all cuckoo clock purchases
- Top quality customer service with fast response times
- Fast and secure delivery to anywhere in Australia
- A 100% happiness guarantee policy with easy returns
- Genuine hand-crafted battery operated cuckoo clock by TRENKLE
- Traditional Heidi House Scene with moving goat
- Cuckoo calls the time each hour
- Automatic night shut off with light sensor
- Manual override switch
- Measures 22cm in height
- Rotates through 12 different melodies on the hour
- High quality pendulum battery quartz movement that accurately holds the time
- Hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany
- Requires 3 x C alkaline batteries
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.