Take A Closer Look At The Clock
Black Forest mechanical cuckoo clocks are weight driven and are available in two different movements:
- 1 Day Movement - you wind the clock by pulling the chain and winding the weights once a day
- 8 Day Movement - you wind the clock by pulling the chain and winding the weights once a week
Each mechanical cuckoo clock will have either two or three weights; two weights for cuckoo only and three weights for cuckoo and music. One weight runs the clock movement and hands that show the time and the second weight drives the cuckoo calling mechanism. The cuckoo sound is produced using bellows that push air through two whistles creating the 'cook' and 'coo' sounds respectively. If you choose to also have music with your mechanical cuckoo clock, the third weight drives a traditional mechanical music box movement with a pinned cylinder that plucks notes on a 'comb' to produce a melody.
Keeping To Traditions
With more than 100 years of experience, Rombach & Haas has become one of the most popular producers of cuckoo clocks in all of the Black Forest region in Germany. Collectors from around the world are awed by the beautiful designs and attention to detail that go into each cuckoo clock from the Rombach & Haas workshops. “Romba” clocks have made a name for themselves worldwide in terms of quality, design, inventiveness and diversity, all of which are still manufactured in the exact same warehouse from 1894.
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with an option for consistent quality timepieces. This unique Cuckoo Clock by ROMBA has been imported from Germany, guaranteeing an item of quality and precision. It comes with a 2 year warranty, and fast, secure delivery Australia wide. Your happiness is our guarantee!
A Guaranteed Product of Authenticity
The Clock Shop is a member of the “VDS-Verein die Schwarzwalduhr” (= Black Forest clock association), and a certificate of authenticity is included for all clocks with a mechanical movement made in the Black Forest. In order to provide customers with this certificate of authenticity, the product must be produced authentically and exclusively from the Black Forest, and must be working purely mechanically with all of its essential working parts to have also been produced in the Black Forest as well. ROMBA mechanical cuckoo clocks all guarantee the hallmarks of quality, precision and authenticity and as such, come with this certificate.
When you purchase a mechanical cuckoo clock from the Clock Shop we will guarantee:
- 2 year warranty on all cuckoo clock purchases
- A VDS Certificate of authenticity
- Top quality customer service with fast response times
- Fast and secure delivery to anywhere in Australia
- A 100% happiness guarantee policy with easy returns
- Modern & original cube cuckoo clock
- Featured in the shape of a large cube, which provides an eye catching timepiece on the wall
- See through clear tinted panels that allows high visibility into the inner mechanics of the clock
- Red coloured lattice windows and beech coloured edging
- Easy to read wooden hands
- No numbers or cuckoo door for the bird
- Small pendulum that is also red in colour, that hangs alongside the black weights
- Modern take on the traditional cuckoo clock design
- 8 day mechanism
- Needs to be wound once a week simply by pulling the weights
- In-built white wooden cuckoo of this clock calls the time each hour and once at half past
- Manual night shut off lever should that be preferred
- No music
- Measures 26cm* in height
- Genuine ROMBA Cuckoo Clock made in Germany from high-quality materials
- 2 year warranty
- Certificate of authenticity
- Free shipping on all orders over $400
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
*Please note the height of this item does not include the weights or the pendulum
|Movement||Mechanical 8 Day Chain Wind|
|Clock Sound||Cuckoo or No Sound|
Standard Shipping - $0.00
Take advantage of our great shipping rates including FREE delivery for all orders over $400. Please note, while PO box deliveries are possible, we don't recommend this for large and/or fragile items. We use the most suitable carrier based on the item/s ordered and the delivery location.
Express Shipping - Quoted (NOT FREE Read notes*) - $0.00
EXPRESS SHIPPING IS NOT FREE: Express Shipping is quoted once the order has been submitted. You can choose to pay for the product/s now and pay the shipping cost after the quote has been issued. Alternatively, please use the Shipping Quote payment option at checkout to defer any payment until the shipping quote has been received.
Free pick-up in store - $0.00
Free pick-up from Clock Shop, 194 Main Street, Montville 4560. Mon - Sat 9:30am - 5:00pm, Sun 12:30pm - 5:00pm
Take advantage of our great shipping rates that includes FREE delivery for all orders over $400*. (*excluding Grandfather Clocks - specialised carriers and insurance is required for all Grandfather Clock deliveries). Read MoreReturns
All purchases from Clock Shop also come with our Happiness Guarantee policy - We will happily exchange or refund any product that you are not 100% happy with. To request an exchange or refund, simply contact us within 7 days from the date your item/s arrived. All of our products are quality checked before they are shipped out. If you receive a faulty item from us upon delivery, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org