A Delightful Chalet Cuckoo Clock
This pleasing 1 Day Mechanical Cuckoo Clock is fine example of a genuine, high quality hand-crafted Black Forest cuckoo clock, produced by clock makers SCHNEIDER from Schonach in the Black Forest Region of Germany.
Measuring 31cm in height*, this beautiful clock portrays a delightful scene in the bavarian countryside, featuring a multi level chalet house with 4 windows, a timber facade and a shingled roof. Out the front of the chalet are a boy and a girl sitting on a seesaw. To the right, a water trough, and to the left a water wheel.
This fascinating scene also includes a wooden clock dial in the centre of the chalet, and hand painted details including red window shutters and flowers in the windowsill. Directly above the clock dial are colourful dancers situated on a balcony, underneath the cuckoo bird. Rounding out this unique clock is a timber pendulum that hangs below the clock itself, along with the weights.
Chalet style cuckoo clocks are the most famous and common type of cuckoo clock, and are often featured in the shape of alpine houses. They usually feature carvings that represent life in the mountain regions of Europe (mainly around Southern Germany, The Black Forest, Switzerland and Austria). The in-built cuckoo of this clock calls the time each hour and once at half past through a door that opens, with an automatic night off function to allow you a sound sleep. There are two melodies that alternate with this clock after the cuckoo calls. This particular clock is a 1 day mechanism, and therefore needs to be wound once a day. Chalet style cuckoo clocks can range from simple arrangements of carved features to very detailed scenes with many moving parts (known as automaton). The particular automaton for this clock include the seesaw that moves up and down; the water wheel; and the dancers on the balcony who twirl when the music plays on the full hour.
This beautifully designed clock by SCHNEIDER is a charming timepiece, suitable for those looking for a quality traditional cuckoo clock using carving methods that have been practised for hundreds of years.
Take A Closer Look At The Clock
Benefits of a Mechanical Cuckoo Clock
Black Forest mechanical cuckoo clocks are weight driven and are available in two different movements:
- 1 Day Movement - you wind the clock by pulling the chain and winding the weights once a day
- 8 Day Movement - you wind the clock by pulling the chain and winding the weights once a week
Each mechanical cuckoo clock will have either two or three weights; two weights for cuckoo only and three weights for cuckoo and music. One weight runs the clock movement and hands that show the time and the second weight drives the cuckoo calling mechanism. The cuckoo sound is produced using bellows that push air through two whistles creating the 'cook' and 'coo' sounds respectively. If you choose to also have music with your mechanical cuckoo clock, the third weight drives a traditional mechanical music box movement with a pinned cylinder that plucks notes on a 'comb' to produce a melody.
Quality Black Forest Craftsmanship
- This genuine cuckoo clock is hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany by clock makers Anton Schneider.
- Anton Schneider began producing cuckoo clocks from his farmhouse in Schonach in the Black Forest Region of Germany in 1848 and today the company is into the 6th generation of clock makers
- Today, the Anton Schneider clock factory is among the most modern and one of the largest cuckoo clock factories in all of the Black Forest
- Anton Schneider offers customers worldwide a true guarantee of a product of high quality
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with the number one option for consistent quality timepieces. Don’t believe us? Check out our company reviews!
If you’re looking to purchase an authentic German cuckoo clock in Australia, then we offer a large range of quality timepieces that add a German inspired atmosphere to your home.
When you purchase a cuckoo clock from us, you will be guaranteed a product that is authentic in origin, sourced directly from Germany, and crafted of the highest quality. These beautiful and unique hand carved clocks date back to the early 18th century and are still manufactured in the Black Forest region of Germany today.
A Guaranteed Product of Authenticity
The Clock Shop is a member of the “VDS-Verein die Schwarzwalduhr” (= Black Forest clock association), and a certificate of authenticity is included for all clocks with a mechanical movement made in the Black Forest. In order to provide customers with this certificate of authenticity, the product must be produced authentically and exclusively from the Black Forest, and must be working purely mechanically with all of its essential working parts to have also been produced in the Black Forest as well. SCHNEIDER mechanical cuckoo clocks all guarantee the hallmarks of quality and authenticity and as such, come with this certificate.
When you purchase a mechanical cuckoo clock from the Clock Shop we will guarantee:
- 2 year warranty on all cuckoo clock purchases
- A VDS Certificate of authenticity
- Top quality customer service with fast response times
- Fast and secure delivery to anywhere in Australia
- Genuine hand-crafted 1 day mechanical chalet cuckoo clock by SCHNEIDER
- Traditional multi level Bavarian chalet scene with 4 windows, timber facade and shingled roof
- Boy & girl sitting on a seesaw out the front of the chalet
- Outside features also include a water trough and a water wheel
- Wooden clock dial in the centre of the chalet
- Hand painted details including red window shutters and flowers in the windowsill
- Colourful dancers situated on a balcony, underneath the cuckoo bird
- Timber pendulum that hangs below the clock itself, along with the weights
- Cuckoo calls the time each hour and half hour through a door that opens
- Rotates between 2 melodies on the hour
- Night shut off mode
- Measures 31cm in height*
- Needs to be wound once a day
- Hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Free delivery on orders over $400
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
*The measurements of the clock do not include the height of the weights or pendulum.