A Colourful Swiss House Mechanical Clock
Great things come in small packages, and this colourful clock is no exception. This delightful timepiece was produced by artisan clock makers TRENKLE from Simonswald in the Black Forest region of Germany.
Measuring 14cm in height*, this beautiful clock resembles a Swiss house, a popular style of chalet building in the Swiss alps. Chalet style clocks are commonly shaped as alpine houses, featuring details that represent life in the mountain regions of Europe (around southern Germany, Switzerland and Austria). This particular clock has a large amount of hand painted features on the chalet facade, roof and base, including flowers such as the famous Edelweiss flower depicted on the base. This white star shaped flower is unique to the alps of Germany, Austria and Switzerland mainly. Its name means noble white, and it represents strength, toughness, bravery and courage. This is because the flower survives the harshest winters at very high altitudes.
Rounding out this delightful scene is a wooden clock dial in the centre of the clock, and a couple sitting on a seesaw above the clock dial, swinging up and down. This mechanical timepiece requires winding once a day and features a polished brass pendulum, alongside decorative display weights.
With its high colour and playful manner, this clock provides a visual delight that is sure to entertain all ages.
Please note that this clock is not a cuckoo clock- it does not feature a cuckoo bird, nor a cuckoo call or music. It is a timepiece only.
Quality Black Forest Craftsmanship
- This genuine clock is hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany by artisan clock makers Trenkle.
- For over a half of a century, the Trenkle Uhren GmbH company has been carrying on the clock production tradition.
- Trenkle Black Forest clocks are a wonderful example of quality, careful workmanship and a love for detail. Their clocks are produced using a combination of creative handiwork and the newest technology
- Trenkle Uhren's creative ideas are expressed in their ever changing models which add to the extensive range already available, which can be browsed both in store and online at the Clock Shop
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with the number one option for consistent quality timepieces. Don’t believe us? Check out our company reviews!
We offer a large range of quality timepieces that add a German inspired atmosphere to your home. When you purchase a clock from us, you will be guaranteed a product that is authentic in origin, sourced directly from Germany, and crafted of the highest quality.
- Genuine hand crafted clock by Trenkle Uhren
- Measures 14cm in height*
- Swiss house chalet style design
- Highly colourful design with a large amount of hand painted detail
- Hand painted detail on chalet facade and flowers on the base
- Flowers depicted include the famous Edelweiss flower
- Wooden clock dial in the centre of the timber chalet
- Couple sitting on seesaw above clock dial, swinging back and forth
- Polished brass pendulum
- Decorative display weights
- Does not feature a cuckoo bird, cuckoo call or music
- Timepiece only
- Requires winding once a day
- Hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
*Please note, the height of the clock does not include the pendulum.
|Model #||26 PW|
|Type||Mini Black Forest Clocks|
|Movement||Mechanical 1 Day Key Wind|
2 Year Warranty
Express Shipping - Quoted (NOT FREE Read notes*) - $0.00
EXPRESS SHIPPING IS NOT FREE: Express Shipping is quoted once the order has been submitted. You can choose to pay for the product/s now and pay the shipping cost after the quote has been issued. Alternatively, please use the Shipping Quote payment option at checkout to defer any payment until the shipping quote has been received.
Standard Shipping - $9.95
Take advantage of our great shipping rates including FREE delivery for all orders over $400. Please note, while PO box deliveries are possible, we don't recommend this for large and/or fragile items. We use the most suitable carrier based on the item/s ordered and the delivery location.
Free pick-up in store - $0.00
Free pick-up from Clock Shop, 194 Main Street, Montville 4560. Mon - Sat 9:30am - 5:00pm, Sun 12:30pm - 5:00pm
Take advantage of our great shipping rates that includes FREE delivery for all orders over $400*. (*excluding Grandfather Clocks - specialised carriers and insurance is required for all Grandfather Clock deliveries). Read MoreReturns
All purchases from Clock Shop also come with our Happiness Guarantee policy - We will happily exchange or refund any product that you are not 100% happy with. To request an exchange or refund, simply contact us within 7 days from the date your item/s arrived. All of our products are quality checked before they are shipped out. If you receive a faulty item from us upon delivery, please contact us immediately at email@example.com