A Swiss Style Weather House & Quartz Clock With A Swinging Doll
Looking for a quartz timepiece that offers attention to detail, with the added perk of an attached weather house, to ensure you will always keep an eye on the weather at the same time? Look no further than this colourful clock & weather house, which was produced by artisan clock makers TRENKLE from Simonswald in the Black Forest region of Germany.
At the top of this design is the Swiss chalet style weather house which features a lady and a man who move in and out of the house depending on what the weather is going to do. The lady forecasts fine and sunny weather, whilst the man predicts the rainy days. Additional details for the weather house include a water trough, a tree, a deer and some chopped logs, along with a number of hand painted features. Swiss houses are a popular style of chalet building in the Swiss alps, featuring details that represent life in the mountain regions of Europe (around southern Germany, Switzerland and Austria).
Below the weather house is the quartz clock, which features a wooden clock dial, and elaborate hand painted floral detail that instantly draws the eye. Included in the floral detail is a large Edelweiss flower depicted on the base. This white star shaped flower is unique to the alps of Germany, Austria and Switzerland mainly. Its name means noble white, and it represents strength, toughness, bravery and courage. This is because the flower survives the harshest winters at very high altitudes. Rounding out this charming timepiece is the addition of a swinging doll sitting on a swing below the clock, acting as the pendulum. Dressed in traditional Black Forest attire, the doll swings side to side, providing a visual delight that is sure to entertain all ages. This timepiece is powered by a high quality quartz movement that is accurate at keeping time. It is recommended to change the batteries annually to ensure longevity of your clock mechanism.
Please note that this clock is not a cuckoo clock- it does not feature a cuckoo bird, nor a cuckoo call or music. It is a timepiece only.
Quality Black Forest Craftsmanship
- This genuine clock is hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany by artisan clock makers Trenkle.
- For over a half of a century, the Trenkle Uhren GmbH company has been carrying on the clock production tradition.
- Trenkle Black Forest clocks are a wonderful example of quality, careful workmanship and a love for detail. Their clocks are produced using a combination of creative handiwork and the newest technology
- Trenkle Uhren's creative ideas are expressed in their ever changing models which add to the extensive range already available, which can be browsed both in store and online at the Clock Shop
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with the number one option for consistent quality timepieces. Don’t believe us? Check out our company reviews!
We offer a large range of quality timepieces that add a German inspired atmosphere to your home. When you purchase a clock from us, you will be guaranteed a product that is authentic in origin, sourced directly from Germany, and crafted of the highest quality.
- Genuine hand crafted quartz clock & weather house by Trenkle Uhren
- Measures 21.5cm* in height
- Swiss house chalet style design
- Highly colourful design with elaborate hand painted floral detail that instantly draws the eye
- Hand painted flowers include the famous Edelweiss flower
- Wooden clock dial
- Swiss chalet style weather house on top
- Weather house features a lady and a man who move in and out of the house depending on what the weather is going to do
- Lady forecasts fine and sunny weather, whilst the man predicts the rainy days
- Swinging doll pendulum dressed in traditional Black Forest attire
- Doll is sitting on a swing below the clock, swinging side to side
- Decorative display weights
- Powered by a high quality quartz movement that is accurate at keeping time
- Does not feature a cuckoo bird, a cuckoo call or music
- Timepiece only
- Requires 1 x AA Alkaline battery
- Weight: Approx 500 grams
- Hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
*Please note, the height of the clock does not include the pendulum (swinging doll)
* Please also note, the image pictured is of the mechanical version, which features a winding hole where the number 6 should be. The battery version has the number 6 instead of the winding hole.
|Model #||807 SQ|
|Type||Mini Black Forest Clocks|
|Clock Sound||No Sound|
|Batteries Required||1 x AA Alkaline Batteries|
Express Shipping - Quoted (NOT FREE Read notes*) - $0.00
EXPRESS SHIPPING IS NOT FREE: Express Shipping is quoted once the order has been submitted. You can choose to pay for the product/s now and pay the shipping cost after the quote has been issued. Alternatively, please use the Shipping Quote payment option at checkout to defer any payment until the shipping quote has been received.
Standard Shipping - $14.95
Take advantage of our great shipping rates including FREE delivery for all orders over $400. Please note, while PO box deliveries are possible, we don't recommend this for large and/or fragile items. We use the most suitable carrier based on the item/s ordered and the delivery location.
Free pick-up in store - $0.00
Free pick-up from Clock Shop, 194 Main Street, Montville 4560. Mon - Sat 9:30am - 5:00pm, Sun 12:30pm - 5:00pm
Take advantage of our great shipping rates that includes FREE delivery for all orders over $400*. (*excluding Grandfather Clocks - specialised carriers and insurance is required for all Grandfather Clock deliveries). Read MoreReturns
All purchases from Clock Shop also come with our Happiness Guarantee policy - We will happily exchange or refund any product that you are not 100% happy with. To request an exchange or refund, simply contact us within 7 days from the date your item/s arrived. All of our products are quality checked before they are shipped out. If you receive a faulty item from us upon delivery, please contact us immediately at email@example.com