quality traditional grandfather clock was designed by world renowned clock makers AMS from the Black Forest in Germany, where the company was established in 1776.
Measuring an impressive 202cm in height, this exquisite grandfather clock features an impressive round white dial with contrasting black roman numerals that instantly draws the eye. This clock also features a small inset moon dial which displays the phases of the Moon as it progresses through a complete lunar month of 29.5 days. Rounding out the body of this fascinating clock is a traditional solid timber rich walnut case, which features a full visual mineral glass panel at the front that allows high visibility into the impressive inner features including the clock movement, dial, cable pulleys, polished brass weights and pendulum. Two smaller glass panels are evident on the sides. Perhaps the most fascinating part of the overall design is the addition of ornamental wood inlay both at the top and bottom of the case.
This elegant grandfather clock is fitted with a high quality German Kieninger 8-day 4/4 cable wound movement with triple chimes, with the three chimes including the famous Westminster Chime (also known as the "Big Ben" chime or the "Westminster Quarters"); the Whittington Chime; and the St. Michael's Chimes. The number of times the clock chimes matches the number of quarter hours that have passed - therefore at a quarter past the hour you would hear a quarter of the full chime, whilst at half past you would hear half the chime, and so on. On the hour you will hear the full chime followed by a strike for the number of hours. So at 2 o'clock for example, you will hear the full chime followed by 2 strikes. The chimes are played on long chime rods, providing a deep and rich melody that resonates within any chosen space. The movement and the case are both 100% German made, ensuring an item of high quality and precision.
This clock requires winding once a week. To wind the clock you simply insert a crank key into the holes present in the dial and wind the cable until the weights return to the base of the dial. In addition to these features, the clock also has manual chime on/off function and an automatic night-time shut-off which is enabled by lifting and pulling a lever, as well as the option to silence the clock altogether should that be preferred. The automatic night shut off function runs from 10pm till 7:15am.
Traditionally, grandfather clocks have not changed much over the centuries and to this day they still represent the amazing craftsmanship of both clock making and carpentry, keeping in style with a passage of time that is still well loved in today’s society. These timeless designs serve as generational keepsakes, having existed for over 400 years already, and are commonly also referred to as ‘Longcase Clocks’, ‘Floor Clocks’, or ‘Tall-Case Clocks’.
Hand Crafted in the Black Forest, Germany
- AMS are a German family run business who specialise in elegant and modern clocks
- AMS Black Forest clocks are reliable, precise, aesthetically pleasing and are made from the finest high-quality materials
- When you buy an AMS grandfather clock you are buying a guaranteed top quality timepiece that is sure to last a lifetime
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with an option for consistent quality timepieces. This elegant Grandfather Clock by AMS has been imported from Germany, guaranteeing an item of quality and precision. When you purchase a grandfather clock from the Clock Shop we will guarantee:
- 2 year warranty on all grandfather clock purchases
- Top quality customer service with fast response times
- Fast and secure delivery to anywhere in Australia
- A 100% happiness guarantee policy with easy returns
- Genuine hand-crafted grandfather clock by AMS in the Black Forest
- Measures 202cm x 56cm x 33cm
- Beautiful traditional walnut stained cabinetry by world class clock manufacturers AMS
- Solid triple chime grandfather clock
- Ornamental wood inlay both at the top and bottom of the case
- Impressive round white dial with contrasting black roman numerals that instantly draws the eye
- Inset moon dial which displays the phases of the Moon as it progresses through a complete lunar month of 29.5 days
- Front visual mineral glass panel that allows high visibility into the impressive inner features
- Smaller side glass panels
- Inner features include the clock movement, dial, cable pulleys, polished brass weights and pendulum
- Fitted with a high quality German Kieninger 8-day cable wound movement with triple chimes
- Three chimes include the Westminster Chime; the Whittington Chime; and the St. Michael's Chimes
- The number of times the clock chimes matches the number of quarter hours that have passed
- Chimes are played on chime rods, which produce a rich and warm tone
- The movement and the case are both 100% German made, ensuring an item of high quality and precision
- Requires winding once a week
- Wound by inserting a crank key into the holes present in the dial and winding the cable until the weights return to the base
- Manual chime on/off option
- Automatic night shut off from 10pm till 7:15am
- Option to silence the clock altogether should that be preferred
- Fast and safe delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
All Grandfather Clocks require specialised carriers and as such, shipping costs are quoted based on the destination. All consignments are insured for complete customer satisfaction. Shipping costs generally range from $150 to $500.
This clock is backed by a minimum 2 year manufacturer’s warranty that is serviceable through the Clock Shop. All service and warranty work is handled in-house, through our physical shop in Montville, Australia. We stand behind our products and are just a phone call or an email away! For international customers outside of Australia there is additional access to world-wide service stations.
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
Learn more about Grandfather Clocks via our blog here!
|Mechanism||Mechanical 8 Day Cable Wind|
|Clock Sound||Triple Chime|
Free pick-up in store - $0.00
Free pick-up from Clock Shop, 194 Main Street, Montville 4560. Mon - Sat 9:30am - 5:00pm, Sun 12:30pm - 5:00pm
Take advantage of our great shipping rates that includes FREE delivery for all orders over $400*. (*excluding Grandfather Clocks - specialised carriers and insurance is required for all Grandfather Clock deliveries). Read MoreReturns
All purchases from Clock Shop also come with out Happiness Guarantee policy - We will happily exchange or refund any product that you are not 100% happy with. To request an exchange or refund, simply contact us within 7 days from the date your item/s arrived. All of our products are quality checked before they are shipped out. If you receive a faulty item from us upon delivery, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org