quality traditional grandfather clock was designed by world renowned clock makers HERMLE from the Black Forest in Germany, where the company was established in 1922.
Measuring an impressive 206cm in height, this exquisite grandfather clock features an impressive round brass coloured dial with raised roman numerals that instantly draws the eye. Above the main dial is an inset moon dial which displays the phases of the Moon as it progresses through a complete lunar month of 29.5 days. Rounding out the body of this fascinating clock is a traditional case, made from solid maple or alder wood that has been burnished into a walnut colour, with burlwood inlay features that compliment the overall design. The case features a visual mineral glass panel at the front that allows high visibility into the impressive inner features including the clock movement, dial, cable pulleys, polished brass weights and pendulum.
This elegant grandfather clock is fitted with a high quality German 8-day cable wound movement with triple chimes, with the three chimes including the famous Westminster Chime (also known as the "Big Ben" chime or the "Westminster Quarters"); the Whittington Chime; and the St. Michael's Chimes. This particular grandfather clock boasts a beautiful tubular chime mechanism made of brass tubes rather than chime rods, which produce a richer and deeper tone. The number of times the clock chimes matches the number of quarter hours that have passed - therefore at a quarter past the hour you would hear a quarter of the full chime, whilst at half past you would hear half the chime, and so on. On the hour you will hear the full chime followed by a strike for the number of hours. So at 2 o'clock for example, you will hear the full chime followed by 2 strikes. The movement and the case are both 100% German made, ensuring an item of high quality.
This clock requires winding once a week. To wind the clock you simply insert a crank key into the holes present in the dial and wind the cable until the weights return to the base of the dial. In addition to these features, the clock also has manual chime on/off function and an automatic night-time shut-off which is enabled by lifting and pulling a lever, as well as the option to silence the clock altogether should that be preferred.
Traditionally, grandfather clocks have not changed much over the centuries and to this day they still represent the amazing craftsmanship of both clock making and carpentry, keeping in style with a passage of time that is still well loved in today’s society. These timeless designs serve as generational keepsakes, having existed for over 400 years already, and are commonly also referred to as ‘Longcase Clocks’, ‘Floor Clocks’, or ‘Tall-Case Clocks’.
Take A Closer Look At The Clock
At HERMLE, Quality Is Paramount
HERMLE is a company that originated in Germany in 1922, and today has been run by 4 generations.
With 100 years of experience in clock making, the production of HERMLE's timeless masterpieces are created with 100% attention to detail and quality.
HERMLE wall clocks are reliable, aesthetically pleasing and are made from the finest high-quality materials.
When you buy a HERMLE clock you are buying a guaranteed top quality timepiece that is sure to last a lifetime.
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with an option for consistent quality timepieces. This elegant Grandfather Clock by HERMLE has been imported from Germany, guaranteeing an item of quality. When you purchase a grandfather clock from the Clock Shop we will guarantee:
- 2 year warranty on all grandfather clock purchases
- Top quality customer service with fast response times
- Fast and secure delivery to anywhere in Australia
- A 100% happiness guarantee policy with easy returns
- Genuine hand-crafted triple chime grandfather clock by world class clock manufacturers HERMLE in the Black Forest
- Measures 206cm x 61cm x 33cm
- Traditional solid timber case made from alder or maple wood and burnished walnut colour
- Burlwood inlay features which compliment the overall design
- Impressive round dial with raised roman numerals that instantly draws the eye
- Inset moon dial which displays the phases of the Moon as it progresses through a complete lunar month of 29.5 days
- Front visual mineral glass panel that allows high visibility into the impressive inner features
- Inner features include the clock movement, dial, cable pulleys, polished brass weights and pendulum
- Fitted with a high quality German 8-day cable wound movement with triple chimes
- Three chimes include the Westminster Chime; the Whittington Chime; and the St. Michael's Chimes
- The number of times the clock chimes matches the number of quarter hours that have passed
- Boasts a beautiful tubular chime mechanism rather than chime rods, which produce a richer and deeper tone
- Brass coloured tubes
- The movement and the case are both 100% German made, ensuring an item of high quality
- Requires winding once a week
- Wound by inserting a crank key into the holes present in the dial and winding the cable until the weights return to the base
- Manual chime on/off option
- Automatic night shut off
- Option to silence the clock altogether should that be preferred
- Fast and safe delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
All Grandfather Clocks require specialised carriers and as such, shipping costs are quoted based on the destination. All consignments are insured for complete customer satisfaction. Shipping costs generally range from $150 to $500.
This clock is backed by a minimum 2 year manufacturer’s warranty that is serviceable through the Clock Shop. All service and warranty work is handled in-house, through our physical shop in Montville, Australia. We stand behind our products and are just a phone call or an email away! For international customers outside of Australia there is additional access to world-wide service stations.
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
Learn more about Grandfather Clocks via our blog here!
|Movement||Mechanical 8 Day Cable Wind|
|Clock Sound||Triple Chime|
|Clock Sound||Tubular Bells|
Free pick-up in store - $0.00
Free pick-up from Clock Shop, 194 Main Street, Montville 4560. Mon - Sat 9:30am - 5:00pm, Sun 12:30pm - 5:00pm
Take advantage of our great shipping rates that includes FREE delivery for all orders over $400*. (*excluding Grandfather Clocks - specialised carriers and insurance is required for all Grandfather Clock deliveries). Read MoreReturns
All purchases from Clock Shop also come with our Happiness Guarantee policy - We will happily exchange or refund any product that you are not 100% happy with. To request an exchange or refund, simply contact us within 7 days from the date your item/s arrived. All of our products are quality checked before they are shipped out. If you receive a faulty item from us upon delivery, please contact us immediately at email@example.com