Inspired By The Famous Fantasy Story of Pinocchio
This traditional Pinocchio themed cuckoo clock represents a fine example of a genuine, high quality hand-crafted Black Forest cuckoo clock, produced by artisan clock makers TRENKLE from Simonswald in the Black Forest region of Germany. This endearing chalet style cuckoo clock portrays the traditional fairy tale story of Pinocchio & Geppetto and would be well suited to any childrens bedroom.
Chalet cuckoo clocks are the most famous and common type of cuckoo clocks and are often shaped as alpine houses, featuring details that represent life in the mountain regions of Europe (around southern Germany, Switzerland and Austria). This particular clock features Pinocchio and his creator Geppetto out the front of the uniquely designed chalet which features mushrooms, a bird, hand painted window shutters & love hearts on the roof facade to depict a fairytale allure. Chalet style cuckoo clocks can range from simple arrangements of crafted features to very detailed scenes with many moving parts, commonly referred to as automaton.
The in-built cuckoo of this sweet clock calls the time each hour, with a permanent automatic night shut off that is controlled by a light sensor. When the room is dark enough the cuckoo will no longer sound, allowing your child a sound sleep before recommencing as the room lights up again the next morning.
This cuckoo clock comes with an option of 12 different melodies that rotate each hour including:
- Music Box Dancer
- Muss I Denn Zum (Wooden Heart)
- Lara's Theme - Dr Zhivago
- Mühle im Schwarzwald (Black Forest Mill)
- Ich weiss nicht, was soll es bedeuten (The Lorelei)
- Oh My Papa
- Fröhlicher Wanderer (Happy Wanderer)
- Que Sera
- Für Elise (Pour Elise)
This delightful timepiece by TRENKLE is suitable for those looking for a quality cuckoo clock using methods that have been practised for hundreds of years. With its playful design, this clock is sure to bring life to any childs bedroom.
Benefits of a Quartz Battery Operated Cuckoo Clock
Quartz cuckoo clocks operate differently to mechanical cuckoo clocks. Quartz simply means the clock movement is battery operated. One benefit of a quartz operated cuckoo clock is that they are easier to manage and more hands off than a traditional mechanical cuckoo clock, as they do not require to be wound, and often feature ornamental or decorative weights and chains.
Quartz cuckoo clocks are available with or without music; the models that come with music play 12 different tunes that alternate each hour. Some models feature the sound of a real cuckoo bird in a forest environment.
Most quartz cuckoo clocks feature a light sensor for automatic night shut off to automatically mute any sound when the room gets dark.
Quality Black Forest Craftsmanship
- This genuine cuckoo clock is hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany by artisan clock makers Trenkle.
- For over a half of a century, the Trenkle Uhren GmbH company has been carrying on the clock production tradition.
- Trenkle Black Forest clocks are a wonderful example of quality, careful workmanship and a love for detail. Their clocks are produced using a combination of creative handwork and the newest technology
- Trenkle Uhren's creative ideas are expressed in their ever changing models which add to the extensive range already available, which can be browsed both in store and online at the Clock Shop
Why Shop at the Clock Shop?
Our small family run business has been standing in the same location since 1993, providing Australia with the number one option for consistent quality timepieces. Don’t believe us? Check out our company reviews!
If you’re looking to purchase an authentic battery German cuckoo clock in Australia, then we offer a large range of quality timepieces that add a playful German inspired atmosphere to your home.
When you purchase a battery cuckoo clock from the Clock Shop you will be guaranteed a product that is authentic in origin, sourced directly from Germany, and crafted of the highest quality. These beautiful and unique hand crafted clocks date back to the early 18th century and are still manufactured in the Black Forest region of Germany today. When you purchase any cuckoo clock from the Clock Shop we will guarantee:
- 2 year warranty on all cuckoo clock purchases
- Top quality customer service with fast response times
- Fast and secure delivery to anywhere in Australia
- A 100% happiness guarantee policy with easy returns
- Genuine hand-crafted battery operated cuckoo clock by TRENKLE
- Traditional Pinocchio themed Chalet, featuring Pinocchio and his creator Geppetto
- Cuckoo calls the time each hour
- Automatic night shut off with light sensor
- Measures 25cm in height*
- Rotates through 12 different melodies on the hour
- High quality pendulum battery quartz movement that accurately holds the time
- Unique chalet design
- Well suited for a childs bedroom
- Hand crafted in the Black Forest region of Germany
- Requires 3 x C alkaline batteries
- 2 year warranty
- Fast delivery Australia wide
- Happiness guaranteed
Whilst we do our best to accurately capture all products to best represent their natural appearance, the colour and finish of this product may vary slightly from the images on our website.
*The measurements of the clock do not include the height of the weights or pendulum.